S3 new firmware released, rsap included

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S III
Jose Juan Dalmau

Re: S3 new firmware released, rsap included

Post by Jose Juan Dalmau » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:11 pm

Hi everyone,

I've bought a S3, after linking an S3 of my friend in my BT Premium (VW Golf VI). But my S3 doens't work! I can't understand nothing!!

Well, somebody can tell me if is possible that the next android version (J.Bean) will has rSAP?
Or, at least, if it's probable now or in the future to get a rootless app to run it?

Thanks a lot,
Jose Dalmau

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:26 am

Connect your S3 to "Kies" and check if there are updates available. This seems to work more reliable than OTA updates. The ICS firmware xxBLxx (e.g. XXBLG8) should support rSAP. Jelly Bean still supports it although the leaked XXDLH1 firmware had some problems.

Jose Juan Dalmau

Post by Jose Juan Dalmau » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:50 am

I think that we've discover my problem:
CONFIRMED: The ICS firmware xxBLxx support rSAP...
My S3 is Orange (I9300AMNALF2), not Yoigo (I9300YOGBLF1) or Vodafone (e.g. I9300VFGBLG3)... This confirms that you're right, because I'VE TRIED THE YOIGO'S AND VODAFONE'S S3 and both connect with my Bluetooth VW UHV PREMIUM, quickly.

I don't know how can I do, if wait to the jelly bean or give back the S3...

Many thanks Admin, for your advice...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:20 am

If you don't want to wait and want to keep you S3 you can use my app in the meantime :-)

Strange that Orange has no xxBLxx version available. If this took them so long, how long will it take them to release Jelly Bean... ?

Jose Juan Dalmau

Post by Jose Juan Dalmau » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:03 pm

Thanks again Admin,

I make a decision: I'm going to wait :roll: to the jelly bean orange spanish version :oops: , and if doesn't runs :twisted: , I will root my precious S3 and I will install your app. :P

Thanks a lot for help me to discover the problem... :)

Jose Juan Dalmau

Latest spanish Orange Firmware works perfectly!!

Post by Jose Juan Dalmau » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Jose Juan Dalmau wrote:Thanks again Admin,

I make a decision: I'm going to wait :roll: to the jelly bean orange spanish version :oops: , and if doesn't runs :twisted: , I will root my precious S3 and I will install your app. :P

Thanks a lot for help me to discover the problem... :)

INCREDIBLE!!

This morning I've donwloaded the latest Orange firmware, xxBLxx by Kies!! All works perfectly!!

Thanks a lot Admin!

dagonas

Post by dagonas » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:30 pm

Hi!

Did anyone have problems syncing the Phonebook?

Jose Juan Dalmau wrote: This morning I've donwloaded the latest Orange firmware, xxBLxx by Kies!! All works perfectly!!

Thanks a lot Admin!
Jose Juan, soy español y tengo un Golf VI Premium ¿has podido tu sincronizar correctamente la agenda?

rsoares

Post by rsoares » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:02 am

My S3 has build IMM76D.I9300XXBLFB and I own a Volkswagen Passat 2007 with Premium bluetooth. I managed to pair both without any problems. However it fails while trying to import the phone's contact list. I only managed to import the SIM card list. I tried by setting memory to 'Phone list' as well as 'Phone and SIM'. Any one knows how to fix this problem? May it be because I have some contacts without phone numbers, just emails addresses?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:48 am

Did you grant access rights on the phone? The notification may pop up several seconds after pairing so it's easy to miss.

As far as I could find out, the latest Samsung phonebook implementation is quite good. I don't know of any problems.

dagonas

Post by dagonas » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:43 am

I have the same problem with the latest 4.1.1 latest Uk firmware

After pairing the phone and the car two windows popped up I granted both rights and the car bluetooth loops rebooting until I select the Only SIM phonebook

Do you know if your app solves this problem?

Regards,

Enrique

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S III I9300”