S3 new firmware released, rsap included

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S III
admin
Site Admin

Re: S3 new firmware released, rsap included

Post by admin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:01 pm

I don't think my app will solve this. If you already rooted your phone you may try with the trial version.

Perhaps it is a similar problem like the S2 update where only a wipe helps?

dagonas

Post by dagonas » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:02 pm

I rooted my S3 a few weeks ago

Wipe?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:25 pm

Wipe = factory reset. Problem: All your data will be lost - except what you store at Google (contacts, calendar,...)

dagonas

Post by dagonas » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:23 pm

admin wrote:Wipe = factory reset. Problem: All your data will be lost - except what you store at Google (contacts, calendar,...)
Ok I know that

I can do a backup in recovery and try what you are saying

rsoares

Post by rsoares » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:27 pm

admin wrote:Did you grant access rights on the phone? The notification may pop up several seconds after pairing so it's easy to miss.

As far as I could find out, the latest Samsung phonebook implementation is quite good. I don't know of any problems.
I did grant access. Could the problem be related to the fact that I use TouchDown App to syncronize with my company Exchange server? Are you aware of any incompatability betwwen TouchDown contacts and rsap syncronization of phonebooks?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:02 am

I heard of problems with Exchange contacts but could not find out why they don't work. I don't have an Exchange server to test with. Probably the synced contacts are not stored in the database that's used for the "other" contacts and for phonebook transfer?

rsoares

Post by rsoares » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:40 pm

admin wrote:I heard of problems with Exchange contacts but could not find out why they don't work. I don't have an Exchange server to test with. Probably the synced contacts are not stored in the database that's used for the "other" contacts and for phonebook transfer?
After more testing I am now sure that has nothing to do with TouchDown, Outlook or Exchange Server. First I unistall TouchDoown and problem remained. Then I made a factory reset to the S3 and got a clean Android 4.04 S3. I manually created a single contact with a phone number. Even so it fails to download the phone's phonebbok. Resuming, it pairs, it make calls, it receive calls, it syncs the SIM phone book, but simply does not sync the phone's phonebook. If I only had a few contacts to sync, I could use the Import/Export menu and export, by bluetooth, one contact a time to the cars memory. However I have 600 so it is not feasible . By the way, doing this, the car bluetooth tries a connection back that I have to authorize on the S3 and a duplicated contact is created on the S3. This strange in two ways: 1) I did authorize and memorized this connection acceptance at the time of the first pairing, it should not ask again; 2) why does the car reply back with the same contact?

Maybe your app may work. Is it still necessary to root the S3? If so, will I have problems later to upgrade to Androind 4.1 when Portuguese ROM is available?

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S III I9300”