It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 9:49 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Phonebook access

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S III

Re: Phonebook access

Post by admin » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:27 pm

I checked another BMW log I have and it looks the same. It's only strange that the car does not ask for the port number. This looks like it found a problem in the class id list, but there is no problem. So maybe it is a bug in the BMW/Motorola software?

If you want to make further tests with the Handsfree profile you may try CyanogenMod, this has a quite different Bluetooth stack compared to Samsung firmware.

Post by paralichko » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:42 pm

May be i will try. This bluetooth module is the newer ( COntinental, not motorola ). In Your another BMW log, did You see the car asking for the last dial log ? ( even via At command AT+CPBR="MC" and AT+CPBS=1-100 for example. ). About further test, i think that if the car does not ask for last dial list, i will not succeed with any firmware mod of the phone. I have tried with several phones ( Black Berry, another Android, even Symbian ) - no last dial list. I Think that the car will never ask for PBAP. What is Your opinion, what will be the advantage of using PBAP instead of AT command ( the way it's working now ).

BR
Gaby

P.S. I Just tried unpair, restart phone and car, install Your app, repair - > no access to Your app...
P.S.2 The thing that i didn't try is - HTC with Your app - i will try :-)

Post by paralichko » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:53 pm

as i expected, even with HTC no attempt to access your app. I will try to play with coding of the bluetooth unit.

Post by paralichko » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:31 pm

Finaly it worked. I have coded the bluetooth module, parameter: PHONEBOOK_PRIORITY value:wert_03. This turns on PBAP. Again no call list. The sync time is the same like it was with AT COMMAND, so i am wondering, what is the benefit of using PBAP instead of simple AT commands ?

BR
Gaby
Attachments
20140216_173328.424_hci.rar
(41.12 KiB) Downloaded 122 times

Post by admin » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:59 am

Yes, the car now uses PBAP. Interesting to know that you can enable that with proper coding.

The BMW does some queries I've never seen before, but I could not find out why it does not query the call lists. It does query the size of the call lists, but not the lists themselves. Strange. Maybe you can enable call lists with another coding value or option?

There is no advantage in using PBAP vs. Handsfree. Only if it doesn't work with one it may work with the other. In your case it doesn't work with either :?

Post by paralichko » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:00 pm

I don't see any coding regarding the call list. Maay be it's not supported in this HW. I'll investigate some more time, and let You know if i found something. Where You see that the car query the size ( with AT+CPBS=? or with another message ).

BR
Gaby

Post by admin » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:42 pm

I see the PBAP query for "ich", "och", "mch" and "cch" (= incoming, outgoing, missed and combined call history). You can use WireShark to view the HCI logfiles.

Previous

Return to Samsung Galaxy S III I9300