It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:50 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Phonebook access

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S III

Re: Phonebook access

Post by admin » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:20 am

Use WireShark to read HCI logs. It's far more readable.

Post by trond_1970 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:54 am

Hi.
Then I've tried analyzing the log using Wireshark.
I can see that the car initiates a Service Search Request : Phonebook access server using the SDP protocol which is acknowledged by the phone

Secondly a Service Search Request: OBEX Object Push
Thirdly a Service Search Request: Service Class id list
Fourth a Service Search Request: Supported Repositories

After this some L2CAP communication with request/response -Success, scid:0x0043,scid:0x0044,

The last SCP commucation is Service Search Request: UDP

Onwards from this point :lots of RFCOMM communcation and some disconnect response on L2CAP.

133 2.943981 L2CAP 17 Sent Disconnect Response (SCID: 0x0043, DCID: 0x0041)
355 1015.038203 L2CAP 17 Sent Disconnect Response (SCID: 0x0041, DCID: 0x0040)

All this is a bit over my head, but do you make any sence out of it?

Post by admin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:47 pm

If you mail me the HCI log I can take a look on it.

Post by admin » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:53 pm

In your logs there is only "Handsfree" communication, no other protocol. And no phonebook over Handsfree. I don't know why the car does not use PBAP. Check if there is a factory reset in the car.

Post by trond_1970 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi.
Looks like there is no factory reset on the Bluetooth BMW. There was an option to reset the Idrive system (navigation, radio, onscreen display, bluetooth etc), but this was just a soft reset. And that made no difference.

I tried my son's phone, a HTC Mozart 7 Windows version, and bam it was right on and loaded the phonebook instantly.
According to the internet it should have these protocols:

Advanced Audio Distribution (A2DP), Audio/Visual Remote Control Profile (AVRCP), Handsfree (HFP), Headset (HSP), Phone Book Access (PBAP)

, so I guess it is using PBAP simular to Samsung. The only difference I see from my old Samsung S1 was that it had Bluetooth v3 and the new one S3 has Bluetooth 4.

Anyway this is seamingly an issue with the S3 and/or combination BMW.

Allthough the S3 ICS version is certified according to the BMW compabilty matrix: IMM76D (Android 4.0.4).
Might be something to do with the Jelly Bean update perhaps? I guess rolling back to the stock ICS is not easy now?
Trond

Post by admin » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:40 am

Downgrading is not easy but possible: get the matching firmware from samfirmware.com, download Odin and look for a description how to use it. As you already rooted your phone you should know Odin. Flashing an original firmware should not increment the flash counter, so it is "legal", although not supported by Samsung.

I still think the car remembers something somewhere, because it doesn't even try to connect via PBAP. Did you start the HCI log before you started the car?

Post by trond_1970 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:29 am

Love and bluetooth works in mysterious ways...

I downgraded to ICS 4.0.4 (for new readers this means a loss of all apps and contacts/personal settings so do a backup of contacts with Kies prier to doing this).

Restored contacts with Kies and restored a few apps.
Went into the car and voila I was prompted if bluetooth should access the phonebook and contacts was transferred once again. Allthough "call audio" was the only profile displayed under "Paired devices/Profiles".

As the phone now is unrooted I lack the ability to log the communication between the car and the phone (hci-log).
The phone is allready displaying the OTA update of 4.1.1, but now I'm a bit reluctant of upgrading.
Allthough my phone (and experience) was fairly new when upgrading to JellyBean/4.1.1 the last time I suspect
the issue with phonebook transfer somehow is related to this upgrade.

There was a switch from Bluetooth.apk to SecBluetooth.apk in this upgrade was it not,
or might Seccontacs.apk have something to doe with it?

Post by admin » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:56 pm

This is very strange. I don't think Bluetooth.apk changed much between 4.0 and 4.1. Perhaps the full wipe helped?

Post by trond_1970 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:04 pm

Yes, I guess it might as well be the wipe which helped. Maybe I'll try this weekend to see if upgrading does anything to the phonebook transfer.

Post by Albe2012 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:30 am

Hi :
My experiences with my new Galaxy SIII and Volksvagen BT premiun buyed at 2009 are this :

The phone connects very fast to car , the pairing set was good, with typical message asking for permision to access to remote SIM.I can do and receive calls without problems but i can´t access to phonebook
The car has a choice to select what memory from phone do you want to load contacts list from , but neither SIM or phome memory works when you select update phonebook on car device, the download task starts but never finish to load any contacts.It seems like if Phone don´t let the car device to access the contacts info or like the car device don´t knows how ( command )to request it.

I had try an apk called Bluetooth file transfer, and i get to send to car a Vcard with one contact, but then, due to remote SIM when car ask me what to do with that contact ,if I select to store it , the car send it to phone and get on the Samsung a messagge telling me that the car is sending me a file.

I have read in other site that UK version 4.0.4 XXLFB include a rsap version of bluetooth that works fine with VW but it
seems to be a lot of risks doing a downgrade backwards on phone.It will be possible to change only the bluetooth files from 4.0. uk on newer versions like 4.1.4 ?

Due to my bad english i try to understad that Tron_1970 user has get to transfer Phonebook to car but i can´t to understand at all secondary new problems due to did that. Please, could you give us the procedure details about versions used, and more ?
i hope not to ask something answered yet, sorry.
Music and other functions are not important for me, i just need to call and have the phonebook ¿ is it the downgrade way the solution for me ?

Well, just Today I was at VW office and new cars comes with new BT module that works fine with SIII, phonebook, music Bt, And more. but that solution cost me 700€ to upgrading the car.

About Galaxy this are the data :
Model : GT-I9300
Version 4.1.1 ( updated on November 2012 )
Base version : i9300BUDLi2
COMPILATION :JR003C.I9300XXDLIH
Kernel 3.03.- 256827 SMP PrEEMPT Fri Sep 28 20:44 KST
Company : VODAFONE

PreviousNext

Return to Samsung Galaxy S III I9300