It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:56 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Phonebook access

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S III

Re: Phonebook access

Post by admin » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:01 pm

If you have the first version of the Premium phone (see also viewtopic.php?f=33&t=488) you can use my "Bluetooth Phonebook" app to sync contacts with the car.

Post by trond_1970 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:32 pm

trond_1970 wrote:Yes, I guess it might as well be the wipe which helped. Maybe I'll try this weekend to see if upgrading does anything to the phonebook transfer.

update: I've have know upgraded to Jellybean 4.1.1 and the bluetooth transfer is still functioning.
So seemingly the full reset did the trick.

Post by trond_1970 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:13 pm

update2: For some reason many of my contacts where duplicated on my phone (due to the company email client DME). After deleting lot's of contact this apparently triggered a sync between car and phone and the result was that again the car phonebook was empty. Seemingly something has changed in 4.1.1 with regards to the syncing of phonebook.
:?:

It might not be the security/permissions with the phonebook I first suspected, but something has changed with the phonebook transfer.

Post by admin » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:43 pm

You must somehow try to create a HCI log of a successful and a failed phonebook transfer. If you don't mind the work please do the following: downgrade your phone and log the first pairing, as far as I understand the phonebook gets transferred then. If not, log every connection until something changes in the car. After that upgrade and log every connection until the car phonebook changes again. Send me only the 2 logs where there was a change in the phonebook. I hope I can find out which profile is used and what may go wrong.

Re: Phonebook access ---bizarre...

Post by trond_1970 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:03 pm

I kind of gave up on getting the phone book transfer to work.

A while back I classified some of mine contacts as ICE (emergency contacts) on the Samsung S3.
After a while I was phoned up by one of these in my car and noticed the name showing in car monitor.

I reclassified a few other contacts as "friends" and voila suddenly they also appeared in the cars phonebook.

Seemingly a contact must be a member of a group to be transferred to the cars phonebook.... I cant' remember if this contact group was a new feature in the Android release which made the phonebook transfer stop.
Anyway if someone else should have problems with transferring the phonebook this might help them...

Post by paralichko » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:04 pm

Car -> Phone +CPBS: "ME",0,256 ( This means - select internal phone phonebook memory )

Phone -> Car OK
Car -> Phone +CPBR=? ( Tell me how many contacts You have in selected phonebook memory )

Phone -> Car +CPBR: (1-1),30,30 ( I have NO (1-1) contacts. In my log this is (1-1600), because i have 1600 contacts )

after whole day spending in Bluetooth investigation, this is my conclusion. My problem is that my car doesn't poll the last calls log, but it seems that the problem is from the car, because the car ask the phone what kind of memory do You have, the phone answers that it supports Last dialed, last recieved, last dialed, SIM and internal phonebook mem. After this the car asks how many contact is in each memory, and the phone answers ( no (1-1), always there are (1-100) etc. After all the car pulls only "ME" memory ( which is internal phonebook ). Any idea ? I can attach HCI log from communication.
Attachments
20140212_180029.105_hci.rar
(38.64 KiB) Downloaded 160 times

Post by admin » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:36 pm

What you describe is the Handsfree Profile. I don't know very much about that.

I saw in the log that the car does ask for the Phonebook Access Profile, but not completely :? What car is this?

Post by paralichko » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:18 am

The car is BMW E91 with continental bluetooth module ( 2007 ). Where You saw this ask for phonebook access profile ?

Post by admin » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:22 pm

paralichko wrote:Where You saw this ask for phonebook access profile ?

In the HCI log around 17:07:17 the car asks for the "Phonebook Access Server", then for the "Service Class ID List", but not for the "Protocol Descriptor List", which contains the port number that the car would need for communication.

As far as I know BMWs remember when a PBAP transfer failed and don't try again. When you do a fresh Bluetooth pairing the car forgets. Maybe you can get PBAP with my app (trial) and a fresh pairing?

Post by paralichko » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:21 pm

I have tried it. The car did not ask Your application, there's no "Last connected to"

BR
Gaby

PreviousNext

Return to Samsung Galaxy S III I9300