It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:48 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Help with phone book download!

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S III

Help with phone book download!

Post by bobbydeeps » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:36 pm

Hello!

Hoping someone can help me out! I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and a 2009 Infiniti G37x Sedan. The bluetooth has always worked fine for calls, but I have never been able to download the phonebook to the car. I have tried the usual way but nothing ever appears on my phone to put in the 1234 passkey my car suggests will happen on my phone. It is already paired. I just downloaded the pay version of the app. What's ,y next steps to try and get this phonebook accesible in my car? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!!

Re: Help with phone book download!

Post by admin » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:28 am

Did you root your phone? Then you may create a HCI log with my logger app and mail it to me. Best is to start the log before a fresh Bluetooth pairing. There are so many profiles that can transfer the phonebook, it's impossible to find out what goes wrong without a log.

Post by jfletch » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:29 am

I am having the same problem. Before using the BLUETOOTH PHONEBOOK app... I paired my Samsung S3 with my 2013 Infiniti M37x. The car offered the passcode which I accepted and the phone paired. The car tried to download my contacts, but I exceeded the limit. So I installed the Bluetooth phone app as I figured I would just include a limited number of contacts in a contact group (labeled 'car phone') and just download that to my car. Again I paired with the car which went fine (again the car offered a passcode as part of the pairing process). But when I went to download the phonebook, the car instructed me to enter the passcode again on my phone to transfer contacts, but no dialog box appears on the phone, and there is no way to 'push' the contacts or to enter the passcode again.

Please advise.

Post by admin » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:00 am

If you get the pairing passcode request a second time something went wrong in the basic pairing process. Try to remove the phone from the car's Bluetooth device list and the car from the phone's and start all over again. Maybe this time start the pairing from the other device.

Return to Samsung Galaxy S III I9300