RSAP doesn't work on Audi A5

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S III
voipman

RSAP doesn't work on Audi A5

Post by voipman » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi there,

I have a rooted Samsung S3 running the latest nightly of Cyanogenmod 10. I have installed the RSAP installation files (using RSAP Installation App V2.2.4) and then I run the RSAP app. I then set the "Make discoverable" option and I get the MMI to search for the S3. It finds the S3 by virtue of the fact that Bluetooth is enabled but it doesn't bring up the Carphone option which should be the case if this works. I get a lot of "No such file or directory" entries in the log files but I'm not sure whether this is necessarily a problem.

I did pay for the full version of RSAP thinking that might be the reason but I am going to get a refund unless anyone has any suggestions on what it could be. I'd really appreciate it. I have a one month old A5 with the high prep tech system so I should have everything I need right?

Thanks

voipman

Re: RSAP doesn't work on Audi A5

Post by voipman » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:27 pm

Also the Bluetooth State doesn't ever change from "Not Connected". I presume I should see a "Car Phone" profile appear on the MMI display right?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:23 pm

Do you have CM 10.1/Android 4.2? Then read here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=684

voipman

Post by voipman » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:43 am

Thanks, I can confirm that this all works now.

I still don't quite get what the modified Bluetooth file does. Is it because the Audi profile is very new or something? Would the Bluetooth.apk file produced on stock roms eventually be able to recognise the profile?

The other thing is I guess that everytime I upgrade the Cyanogen firmware I have to copy the Bluetooth file across again?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:38 pm

As far as I understand the modified module is only needed for the first pairing. After that you may restore the original file.

The problem is that a Bluetooth profile is primarily identified by a "UID", a unique identifier, which is given in the Bluetooth specification. Additionally there may be attributes given with the UID. The specification says these attributes should be present, Audi checks if they are present, but it's not possible to set them with Android 4.2 :cry: VW Premium phone is happy without the additional attributes, Audi and Porsche not.

The modified module now simply adds the expected attributes to the rSAP profile, so the Audi phone is happy with it.

I still don't have a final solution for this. Best would be if Android made it possible to specify the attributes in the official Android SDK. You can do me a favor and "star" my Android issue: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=42614

voipman

Post by voipman » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:18 am

Thanks for the explanation. I have just done that and it is probably a good idea if anyone reading this forum also votes for this issue which will affect anyone with a new car I guess?

Another issue - I am on a phone call and then the rsap will just disconnect and the car will report that it requires a sim. How can I debug why the RSAP is just disconnecting like that?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:19 pm

It's not so much a problem of new cars. The problem only happens when the developers of the car phone unit are too accurate. The VW Premium phone (best rSAP phone available ;) ) happily accepts the SAP profile if only the uid matches. There is no good reason to do it differently.

If you have problems please create "main" and "HCI" logs and mail them to me.

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S III I9300”