What about problem with paid app (BSA)

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S III
dadoo

What about problem with paid app (BSA)

Post by dadoo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:05 pm

Hello,

i hear about a problem with some guys who are running FREE version of Bluetooth Sim Access with success (limited to 10 minuts, but working)

Once Bluetooth Sim Access Profile paid, the app doesn't work anymore.

Theses guys are using same version (Galaxy S3 under CyanogenMod 10.1 with March Nightlies)

I don't have the problem, but have you a feedback about that or a tutorial like uninstall free version first before install paid version, that kind of things..?

Thanks,

dadoo

admin
Site Admin

Re: What about problem with paid app (BSA)

Post by admin » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:42 am

Where did you hear it? Because (nearly) nobody complains here. Please, if anyone has problems, post here! The dumbest thing to do is to ask questions in the Play Store ratings. There is no way for most app developers to answer to a rating!

There shouldn't be any difference between both versions, apart from the feature differences (no autostart, no plugins, ...). Perhaps it is a tick slower because of the additional stuff, but that should not matter. The full version already checks for the trial version at startup and offers to uninstall it.

CM10.1/Android 4.2 suffers from many Bluetooth problems. Google exchanged the BlueZ stack with a "truly" open source stack by Broadcomm. There seem to be a lot of problems now. The worst problem for rSAP is that there is a limit on Bluetooth sockets that can be created. If you additionally use other Bluetooth apps, like my phonebook app, this may happen every second day. After that limit is reached you have to switch off/on Bluetooth to make it work again.

What is "BSA"...?

dadoo

Post by dadoo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:11 pm

Hello and thanks for your reply.

By BSA, i mean Bluetooth Sim Access :D

Indeed, CM 10.1 + Android 4.2 make a bad couple for bluetooth reliability, and i think it's the main issue, not your app.
So, i have 2 friends of mine who said me to have that problem.I asked them for posting here, i think they should reply soon.

I don't use others bluetooth apps, so i don't have the problem about socket limitation. Therefor, that app is wonderful, i use it every day.

Finally, i think i will buy full licence very soon :-)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:35 pm

If someone doesn't want to register to the forum, she/he may as well send me an email (admin at ...). The email address is also accessible in Google Play Store on the app's page.

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S III I9300”