S3 and Skoda Columbus Rsap : SIMaccess ok, phonebook NOT

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S III
Louis

S3 and Skoda Columbus Rsap : SIMaccess ok, phonebook NOT

Post by Louis » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:37 pm

Dear forum,I'm about to loose my mind.. :evil:
After waiting 3years to buy the right phone, and after as much time to read on this forum about rsap, i have bought the s3. No troubles rooting, but rsap right out of the box.

My phone:
Gt-i9300
Android 4.1.2
Baseband I9300XXELLA
Kernel 3.0.31-742798
Build JZO54K.I9300XXELLA

First problem :the old sim had to be changed to a microsim (proximus, Belgium).
Problem solved. All contacts on the sim.

Second problem: the connecting to the Skoda columbus rsap :
* Search for device gives the phone
* connecting goes through 4 times 4 digits to input on the phone
* the phone asked to grant simaccess : allowed
* then the car askes for the pincode from the phone, set and saved
* the car asks for a profilename, done
> here it stops : connected and able to make phonecalls BUT no way to sync the phonebook: 0 entries
I have tried to set the car to read simonly, or sim and phone. No difference.
I have tried to make a dummycontact on the phonememory in stead of the som. No difference.
I have tried to make a dummycontact under google, my contacts. No difference.

Please help. The phone is supposed to be working out of the box. I have chosen the most expensive phone just because of this. I'm going insane...

Louis

Re: S3 and Skoda Columbus Rsap : SIMaccess ok, phonebook NOT

Post by Louis » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:04 pm

Second day in the mental institution :evil: :
As the phone connects through rSAP, i am recieving calls and sms-messages in the car.
* Problem1 : as mentioned in the first post, no phonebook, so no identification of the caller bij name
* Problem2 : incoming sms is appearing in the maxidot of the car, and the copyfunction brings it to simcard-memory. The phone only shows the sms in phone-memory, so unable to read. Is there a way to select the default memory for sms-messages?

Thx!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:16 pm

Perhaps you simply didn't notice the phonebook access request on the S3? If you did grant access you may try my phonebook app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... _rsap.irmc

SMS is complicated: the car phone stores the SMS on the SIM card, while Android uses a database in it's internal memory. You can copy received SMS from SIM to internal database manually in the Messages app. If you send messages from the car they are only stored in the car (as far as I could find out). I created an SMS plugin to store incoming SMS directly in the Android database, but it does not work perfectly. Look in the plugins section of this board.

Louis

Post by Louis » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:23 pm

Thx admin.
The sms workaround did the trick. Complicated but for now ok.
The phonebook-contacts is far more urgent. Missed the phonebook access request? While searching and connecting, the phone asked permission for accessing the sim. I have granted that request. So far as i can remember, ther was no specific request for granting phonebook access. Where can i correct that setting? Were to look for that request when redo?
Thx

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:40 pm

The request should show up every time you connect the mobile to the car, until you accept access and choose to remember your decision (unless you use my phonebook app). What year is your Skoda?

Louis

Post by Louis » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:48 pm

Hello, the skoda is 2009. Authentic carkit strictly rsap, no hfp.
In the meantime i have mannaged to sync the contact ( don't know how!) but after carkey out and in, even connecting has become inpossible. I think i need a way to reset the phone as if it was the very first time connecting is tried. The skoda_rsap stays in the bluetoothscreen, even after disabeling the connection.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:26 am

Maybe your Premium box doesn't support PBAP. To make sure check the part number and this post viewtopic.php?f=33&t=488. If it is version "A" my phonebook app will help you.

To reset the Bluetooth state you may first try to delete the pairing in the mobile. The car should ask for a new PIN. To fully reset the pairing you have to delete the user in the car. I know this is impossible if you cannot connect the phone...

Louis

Post by Louis » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:48 pm

Thank you so much for your patience. :D

1. i have not checked the serienr of the bt-module because my previous nokia connected without a problem. My new s3 did the phonebooksync yesterday once, but without me knowing how. Oeps! After cleaning up my contacts, i need to redo that phonebooksyncing.

2. I've succeeded in deleting the connection:
* in the car by choosing after connecting the options phone>bluetooth>user>i9300>delete
* in the phone : tab bluetooth>cogsymbol>delete

The skoda_rsap stayed available, eventhough not connected anymore. So i went further. In the applications-menu, i deleted cashdata of bluetooth and restarted. The bluetooth-tab was clean after that. Ready to redo the connectingprocedure from scratch.

Several times by now, and I have never seen the question for granting the phonebookaccess. So now i'm back to start.... Rsap-connection but without contacts.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:26 pm

Did you already try my phonebook app?

Louis

Post by Louis » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:41 am

Sorry, no, i haven't been able to try the pbap-app.
Searched for it and found, but still trying to figure out how to pay for without visa.
I think it's clear, first time android-user :oops:

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S III I9300”