It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:10 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Phonebook Sync Issue on VW Bluetooth

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S III

Phonebook Sync Issue on VW Bluetooth

Post by Lambros » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:47 pm

Hello,

My phone is a Galaxy S3 with 4.1.2 ROM rooted. It connects perfectly to my 2004 Touareg via the OEM 7L6 035 729 F Bluetooth module. I can place calls and receive calls just fine.

The problem is that it does not load the phone book. It shows "Loading Phone Book _ _ _" but nothing loads.
To be sure if the car BT is ok, I paired an old NOKIA C1. It pairs just fine and it LOADS all the contacts. So the car bluetooth is ok. I even deleted ALL my contacts and created just one simple contact in SIM and just one simple contact under phone. (no emails, stars, fancy symbol etc)

I purchased the Bluetooth Phonebook app but still nothing. I even tried the manual method. It installs but still nothing loads to the car.

Could you please advice on any possible issue as well as step by step instructions for the specific case.

Thank you
LL

Re: Phonebook Sync Issue on VW Bluetooth

Post by admin » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:38 pm

Can you please create a HCI log with my logger app and mail it to me?

Post by Lambros » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:38 pm

Hello admin,

I got it to work but Thank you for your reply.
Just for anyone that might have the same issue:
If anyone has older VW Bluetooth module with ie RNS2 Nav system or similar, my way of fixing the phonebook sync issue was:
1-Take a backup of your contacts via KIES.
2-Delete all of your contacts from everywhere (phone, SIM, Touchdown, google, etc...)
3-Import the contacts to the phone using the exported contacts file (step 1)
4-Copy the contacts you want to the SIM
5-I had to go through all of my SIM contacts via KIES and fix any contact having a phone number in the form of +35..., country code with plus sign. I had to change it to 0035. Basically remove the + sign.
5-Edit any contact with email address by Deleting any email address.
6-Delete any commas, dots, exclamation marks, basically any symbol from the contact naming.
7- Keep every contact in the simplest form possible.

I deleted the bluetooth from my Galaxy and rebooted the phone. Ones the phone detected my phone, it requested for the 4 digit bluetooth pin, and right after, it requested permission to load the phonebook. It took no more than 10 seconds to load 213 contacts.

I hope this helps.

Best Luck
LL

Post by admin » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:13 pm

If someone else has the same problem with my phonebook app, please mail me a HCI log if your phone is rooted. I'd love to fix these issues :geek:

Post by gfoden » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:00 pm

I have been having these problems all year. My car is a Bentley 2007 reg but this is electronically a VW Phaeton and is using the old VW premiuim bluetooth.
My original S3 I think 4.0 something had no rSAP stack and I used your app. It worked fine loaded the directory etc and made and received calls. The S3 failed with Sudden death syndrome and Vodaphone replaced the chasis. This was a later version of Android and claimed to have an rSAP stack but it failed. It loaded the phone book but after two minutes it disconnected and restarted. It would repeat this many times before eventually locking up.I tried 4.2 but this failed. It failed with your app in the same way. I have gone back to 4.1.2 XXELLA and this fails on the native stack and your stack. I can't go back to an older version of Android because that would expose me to the SDS again and I guess Vodaphone would not replace it again!
Having thought about it and trying to think what events occur at two minutes (and it is pretty consistent) it is not the phone being awake ( I have keep awake set on) but I sat keeping the screen lit. It has just occurred to me that the connection is failing at just the point that the car would send an SMSmessage saying that it had downloaded the address book. I am not sure of how this worked or whether the SMS is transfered to the phone but I think it used to be. The car visual display is not showing old sms messages off the phone SIM card either. I just wonder if the problem is occuring when the car tries to switch to an SMS protocol from the directory down load.
I have the full rSAP log and the HCI log for a failing event.

Is this any help.

Post by gfoden » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:00 pm

The traces demonstrated that the car closed the connection imediately after apparently calling for SMS message 16 from the SIM card. :D My only regret is that I did not try and diagnose, which message precisely by deleting selectively to pin it down.

Message 14 was corrupt in that it contained only symbols and foreign language characters and looked like interpreted binary data. Logically you would think it was this message and perhaps the system multitasks or multithreads so that it was handling this message while at the same time calling for message 16. Message 16 itself was a message triggered by Vodafone thanking me for staying with them. I guess it was triggered by me moving my old SIM into the new chassis that Vodafone had sent me. The message contained a web address. The only unusual character was the trailing slash “/”. The display system in the Bentley does understand URLs because the help pages, for example are just web pages fetched from the navigation DVD. So perhaps it tried to fetch the web page and it failed but I think I am “clutching at straws” as we say. However, as this would have been the first message on the new phone chassis and thereafter it did not work, there is strong circumstantial evidence that this is the culprit.

As you see it was a pity that I did not take a more diagnostic approach to find out.

Many many thanks for taking the time to look at the traces and fix the problem.

Return to Samsung Galaxy S III I9300