Galaxy SIII and Audi Q5 MMI 3G rSAP and Handsfree issues.

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S III
dorosst

Galaxy SIII and Audi Q5 MMI 3G rSAP and Handsfree issues.

Post by dorosst » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:03 pm

Hi,
I have multiple problems with My Galaxy SIII 4.1.2 and Audi Q5 MMI 3G. The phone pairs correctly either on rSAP or Hands free mode.
In the case I connect with rSAP mode the MMI downloads contacts, call log etc. The phone works smoothly until either I receive an SMS or I am trying to access my sms messages on MMI. The phone disconnects without, in most of the times, to be able to see or delete messages from MMI.

In the case I connect through hands-free mode the MMI cannot download phone book or call log and I can see the little circle on the top of the MMI screen to go around all the time trying to sync. In addition when I make calls via hands-free mode I sometimes hear a strange noise (like the one when you may hear when you put a microphone in front of the speaker) and I can't communicate. If i press the Bluetooth button on the phone while calling and disconnect and reconnect Bluetooth i can speak again but this is very annoying. :twisted: Audi dealer says that the problem is on the phone and not on the car.

I already tyried hard reset but still the problem is there. :? :? :?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Galaxy SIII and Audi Q5 MMI 3G rSAP and Handsfree issues

Post by admin » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:19 am

I cannot really help you with Handsfree profile problems and I can only guess what may cause the phonebook problems in Handsfree mode. Maybe the phonebook is also transferred using the Handsfree profile instead of the "usual" Phonebook Access Profile (PBAP) and this simply doesn't work for whatever reason, while rSAP uses PBAP, which works. The choice is made by the car, but I don't think you can change a setting so it will use PBAP in Handsfree mode.

I already heard of problems with Samsung rSAP and SMS, but so far didn't test myself. I also heard my app does not have these problems, but you need to root your S3 to run my app.

dorosst

Post by dorosst » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:09 am

Thanks.
Can you explain me how to root S3 and if this causes any other issues on the phone? Can you explain me where to find your app? Sorry I am new on this site.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:22 pm

Please search the Internet for instructions how to root the S3. The last time I checked, "CF Auto Root" seemed to be the easiest way, but maybe there is something better now. "Root" may void your warranty! Apart from that the phone is like before, only apps that need root do work now (e.g. Titanium Backup,...)

My app is available in Google Play Store. Please read the installation instructions here: http://www.android-rsap.com/installation.html.

dorosst

Post by dorosst » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:21 pm

Thanks a lot. I did what you said and worked :mrgreen: At least I have now rSAP working.

dorosst

Post by dorosst » Wed May 01, 2013 10:56 am

Do you know why the rSAP many times wont coonect automatically? I have to reopen your app and then reconnect

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat May 04, 2013 3:04 pm

This may be the problem that Android sometimes kills the rSAP service and waits several seconds before restarting it. If you try to connect during this time span the rSAP connection fails. To make sure this is your problem please mail me a "main" log. Start the log immediately after you open my app when a connection failed and let it run for some seconds after you manually started the next connection.

I'll try to fix this, but currently I don't understand at all why Android kills my service.

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S III I9300”