It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:48 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

How to DISABLE rsap on a Galaxy S3?

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S III

How to DISABLE rsap on a Galaxy S3?

Post by ViennaHog » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:39 pm

I dont want rsap running on my Galaxy S3 4.1.2 latest build because this mode disables all functions except the pure phone related functions. The Galaxy mini engages flawlessly in HFS mode, the big brother does not in the same car.
The S3 works however in BMWs in HFS mode without a hitch.
Any advice how to permanently disable rsap in a S3 is highly welcome

TIA

VH

Re: How to DISABLE rsap on a Galaxy S3?

Post by admin » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:16 am

If your phone is rooted simply install the rSAP system files and not my app. I don't know if it is also possible without root.

Post by tacester » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:35 am

Would you be able to tell me which system app to remove on my rooted S3 so as to permanently disable rsap?

I am pairing it with my Nokia 616 but there is no way to tell it which method to connect via rsap or hands free. I prefer hands free as it does not cripple every other function of my phone.

I have tried your Bluetooth Phonebook app and it works great at allowing my phonebook to be transferred perfectly and will be purchasing it today. Having my phone work in Hands Free plus your Bluetooth Phonebook app will solve all my issues.

Post by tacester » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:40 am

For anybody who is interested in disabling rsap on their galaxy s3. I managed to successfully get my nokia 616 kit to connect via hands free mode by rooting my device, then using the rSAP Installation App to disable the native rSAP (went through the normal process of installing the system files as per http://www.android-rsap.com/installation.html ).

That was it. The native rSAP is disabled to make way for the Bluetooth SIM Access Profile app, which you don't want to install if you want rSAP disabled.

Then all you need to do is install the Bluetooth Phonebook app so that the Nokia 616 can download your contacts and you're all done, you may need to restart your phone and delete all the existing pairing, but all in all works like a charm :D

Return to Samsung Galaxy S III I9300