It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:42 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Android rSAP App and Audi A8...not working :(

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S III

Android rSAP App and Audi A8...not working :(

Post by wambo0402 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:39 pm

Hello!
I tried to connect my Galay S3 with the built in phone of my Audi A8 but it just doesn't work.

First I tried to connect with everything stock (on the galaxy) because everywhere is said that the built in rSAP from Samsungs works just fine...
Not for me.

So after three hours of googling and trying i decided to switch to your app. Rooting, installing, everything went fine but when i tried to connect i got the following situation:

Galaxy: Bluetooth is running, Connection with my Car is established (Paired)
Android rSAP: Blutooth Status: not Connected, Sim Status: normal telephone function, rSAP active: checked
Audi: just normal Pairing. everything works (calling someone, contacts, ...) but it just uses the phone antenna not the cars antenna

New Try:
Galaxy: Pairing deleted, bluetooth on
Android rSAP: I hit "Visible", the Audi sees the Galaxy, i'm asked to enter the connection pin (as always when i pair them)
and still : Blutooth Status: not Connected, Sim Status: normal telephone function, rSAP active: checked
Audi: same as usual

So what solution do you suggest?

greets,
wambo

Re: Android rSAP App and Audi A8...not working :(

Post by admin » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:41 am

You are sure your car has the car phone option? Do you have a separate SIM slot in the car? Usually the S3 works fine with all existing rSAP car phones.

Post by wambo0402 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:07 am

Yes I'm pretty sure because it worked like a charm with my old nokia phone. On the Nokia was an option to select "activate extern SIM". Maybe that's something else and not rSAP? I don't know...

To answer your other question: I have an extra phone in my car which has a seperate SIM slot. I never used that one because i was able to connect my Nokia. It was also possible to pick up the built in phone while speaking with someone over the hands free kit. If I did that I was able to continue the conversation with the built in handset. That feature only works with the "extern SIM" Mode (which I hope is the same as rSAP) and is very important for me.

can you help me?
...or do I have to switch back to my old Nokia? :(

Post by admin » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:40 pm

This all sounds like you have rSAP in your car, Nokia called it "external SIM mode". But I don't have any idea why it doesn't work for you.

Do you start the Bluetooth device search in the car? Do you get a 16, 6 or 4 digit Bluetooth PIN? Can you switch between Handsfree Profile and rSAP ("car phone mode"?) somewhere in the car?

Post by wambo0402 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:22 pm

I start the connection from the car. I have to enter 1234 on the S3 to pair. I don't have to enter a code in the car.

I will give it one more try. If it doesn't work i will use the good old nokia :)

Thanks for your help!

Post by admin » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:07 am

For an rSAP connection you usually have to enter a 16 digit Bluetooth PIN. Newer Audis seem to use a 6 digit PIN you only have to confirm. If the car offers only a 4 digit code it's a sign that it doesn't want to create an rSAP connection - for whatever reason.

Post by wambo0402 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:33 pm

Hey! :)
I finally managed to establish a rSAP connection between my car and the S3! :))
Just reseted the settings in my car and started fresh.

But one problem left...
My contacts don't show up in the car's interface. I get the contacts in my phone over a Microsoft Exchange account.
How can I transfer them to the car?

Greets,
wambo

Post by admin » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:18 pm

Maybe my phonebook app helps.

Post by wambo0402 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:03 pm

unfortunately not...

i even exported the contacts to the usb storage and then imported them to the phone storage because i thought maybe the linkage with exchange causes problems. didn't help...
only the contacts stored on the SIM appear in the car interface.

your phonebook app shows: PbAP active and ready, iRMC active and ready (last connected with audi bta ...)

Post by admin » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:18 am

So it does connect with IrMC? Does the "connected at" time change every time you connect the phone to the car? Does it show "connected" for a few seconds?

It shouldn't make any difference how you put the data into the Android contacts database.

Return to Samsung Galaxy S III I9300