transferring groups from S3 to Mazda3

Discussions about PBAP and IrMC/SYNCH profile app
jes

transferring groups from S3 to Mazda3

Post by jes » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:53 pm

I have an AT&T Galaxy S3, and the Bluetooth Phonebook app worked great in transferring all contacts to my 2013 Mazda3, whereas without the app only a few had transferred. However, if I specify any specific group, then no contacts are transferred.

Any ideas? I tried turning on the log, but can't find where it is written.

Thanks,
John S.

admin
Site Admin

Re: transferring groups from S3 to Mazda3

Post by admin » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:26 am

I already learned that not all Android phones handle the contacts database the same way :(

Do you sync your contacts with your Google account or do you use some other tool, like MyPhoneExplorer? Did you do the adding of contacts to the group on the phone?

jes

Post by jes » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:20 pm

Yes, I do sync my contacts with my Google account, although I created some under "phone" that don't sync before I found your app. Those I put in a group called "car".

I've assigned groups both in the Google account and on the phone. But in both places, clicking on the group name in Google contacts on the PC or "Contacts to display" on the phone, they are recognized.

Thanks,
John S.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:28 am

Maybe a log helps. In the latest version the logs are stored in folder "rsap", in older versions in folder ".rsap". The latter is not visible to the Samsung file manager and when connected via USB. A different file manager from Play Store (e.g. OI, ES, Explorer) should show the folder.

Return to “Bluetooth Phonebook App”