Update to 1.1.7: Return of the socket problem?

Discussions about PBAP and IrMC/SYNCH profile app
donaldd

Update to 1.1.7: Return of the socket problem?

Post by donaldd » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:29 pm

Hi,

since updating to 1.1.7 I observe the same unpredictable stopping of the rsap service I saw when there was trouble with the Bluetooth sockets about one year ago.

Please check whether your last update is the cause. I would appreciate if you can send me the previous version because it's very annoying. Your apps worked well for so long!

Thanks in advance for your support.

Best regards,
Tobias

admin
Site Admin

Re: Update to 1.1.7: Return of the socket problem?

Post by admin » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:23 am

Are you talking about rSAP or phonebook app? It's not very likely that an update to the phonebook app has any influence on rSAP.

donaldd

Post by donaldd » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:07 pm

I updated the phonebook app. But rsap app stops. As far as I know there wasn't any update to rsap app lately. Surely any other app update can be the problem. Perhaps I uninstall the phonebook app. Or you can give me an older version.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:29 am

I rather guess something else happened on your phone. Maybe there is a new SMS on your SIM card which confuses the car, or there is a new entry in your phonebook which causes problems, e.g. an incoming call. Or maybe you changed the "keep active" setting? Then the installation of additional services may cause more frequent stops of the rSAP service.

donaldd

Post by donaldd » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:31 pm

Thank you for your advice. I'm still not sure what the problem is. Deinstallation of the phone book app wasn't a solution. Sometimes my bluetooth is disabled. Sometimes I'm able to reenable it sometimes a reboot is required to get bluetooth to work at all. Lately the rsap service and icon stops and I have to restart it by simply opening the rsap app. I'm still confused...

Return to “Bluetooth Phonebook App”