[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
rSAP for Android Forum • View topic - Samsung S5 with Alpine INA W910R - Redialling fails
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:35 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Samsung S5 with Alpine INA W910R - Redialling fails

Discussions about PBAP and IrMC/SYNCH profile app

Samsung S5 with Alpine INA W910R - Redialling fails

Post by moessi » Tue May 19, 2015 8:22 pm

Alpine uses a Parrot BT interface (FW version updated from 3.80 to 4.00) and it works fine with a Samsung S3 and Android 4.x via BT Phonebook App.

Same Car Kit with Samsung S5 and Android 5.0 and BT Phonebook App shows following misbehaviour (FW 3.80 as well as 4.00):

1. First Dialling attempt initated at the car kit with phone numer +4969123456 works
2. Terminating the line at the car kit
3. Immediate redialling attempt with the same phonenumber at the carkit cuts off the "+" and just transfers 4969123456

I tried all variations in BT Phonebook App for the number-format-settings and both profiles (PBAP und IrMC/SYNCH) without success.

Any idea? Thanks in advance!

This post

describes the (probably) same problem with incoming calls.

Re: Samsung S5 with Alpine INA W910R - Redialling fails

Post by admin » Wed May 20, 2015 1:24 pm

How do you redial? Enter the whole number again or use the entry from the last dial list?

What happens when you use the national number format? The "+49" should not be used then. If it still is used, is the phonebook app used at all? Does it show "connected"/"last connected" or only "ready"?

Post by moessi » Thu May 21, 2015 8:20 am

No difference in behavior between using the number from the redial-list in the car kit or choosing the phonebook entry in the car kit a second time. Redialling with entries formatted "0049..." do not cause any problems. Neither using redialling-list, nor using phonebook.

As I told in my first post, there is no problem with "+49..." formatted entries, when using the same car kit with another phone (Samsung S3 with Android 4.x version). In my opinion, it might be a communication (profile oder specification?) problem between Phonebook BT App and Android 5.0.

My workaround in the moment: Reformatting all phonenumbers from "+49" to "0049", because it works with both phones and their android-versions.

Post by admin » Thu May 21, 2015 9:22 pm

Is the app used? Does it show "connected" or "last connected"?

Post by moessi » Fri May 22, 2015 8:00 am

Yes, it is used.

First I thought, it might be a problem having both profiles activated at the same time. Several pairing-attempts and phone reboots have shown different usage of the profiles. It seemed, that Android didn't know, which one it should choose. But even with only one activated profile, the behaviour I described above occured.

As mentioned: The car kit works fine with Samsung S3 (Android 4.x), using the PBAP. So in my opinion, this should be the profile, I should also use with the Samsung S5.

Post by admin » Fri May 22, 2015 11:53 am

I'd blame the Alpine box... I never experienced problems with the '+' prefix. You can check for yourself what the box gets by creating a log. I'd bet that the '+' is always there.

Did you already try if the phone number format options (international, national, E164) change anything?

BTW: not Android chooses the profile for phonebook transfer, it's always the car kit!

Post by moessi » Sat May 23, 2015 4:10 pm

Okay, I'll create a logfile, as soon as car and phone are back from holidays in Italy. As mentioned in my first post: None of the several format-settings brought a better result.

BTW: I also contacted Alpine-Support, Munich. They say: "Problem is the Samsung phone, Parrot-firmware of the car kit is reliable and stable." :-)

Post by moessi » Sat May 30, 2015 3:53 pm

Found two logfiles in the rsap-directory. Sent them to admin@android-rsap.com

Post by admin » Sat May 30, 2015 7:05 pm

There is no output from my app in the logs. Does it really show "last connected to"? If not, it's not used. This would also explain why the phone number format selection has no effect.

If you like you may create a HCI log (see http://www.android-rsap.com/41-support/ ... i-log.html), then I can see what profile is used.

Return to Bluetooth Phonebook App