It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:34 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

bluetooth phonebook with android 5.1.1

Discussions about PBAP and IrMC/SYNCH profile app

bluetooth phonebook with android 5.1.1

Post by walterrottner » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:21 pm

Since I updated android on my Samsung Galaxy S5mini to Version 5.1.1 the bluetooth connection to my Honda Car CR-V does´nt work correctly any more. Bluetooth is going to connect, short after it disconnects, connects again, disconnects again and so on in an endless sequence. Last update of bluetooth phonebook to version 1.2.4 had no effect.
Before the update to android Version 5.1.1 bluetooth phonebook worked perfect.
Last edited by walterrottner on Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: bluetooth phonebook with adroid 5.1.1

Post by admin » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:21 am

It may as well be a newly intruduced bug in the new firmware. This would not be the first time that Bluetooth got worse with a system update...

Did the disconnects happen before? Did my app fix the disconnects with the old firmware?

Re: bluetooth phonebook with android 5.1.1

Post by walterrottner » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:31 am

Before updating android when using the bluetooth phonebook in my car a disconnect was observed very very rarely. Now the permanent change between connect and disconnect happens within a fiew seconds. Unfortunately the link between my smartphone and the car did not work without phonebook which was the solution before the update of android. Do you see a chance to fix the problem in a next update of phonebook?
Last edited by walterrottner on Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by admin » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:31 pm

I don't know if the phonebook transfer is somehow involved in the aborts, so I don't know what I can change to make it work for you. I rather guess the aborts are happening in the "Handsfree" profile which is handling the phone operation or even in the general Android Bluetooth software. Without a thorough analysis I cannot tell. If you like you may send me a HCI log (see http://www.android-rsap.com/41-support/ ... i-log.html).

Post by walterrottner » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:52 am

Hi, first of all thank you very much for looking to my problem!
According to your suggestion I have created the logfile „btsnoop_hci.log“ which I tried to append here but I always get the message " the extension log is not allowed". I have tried also other file extenstions like .txt or .gol but no success. What do I wrong or do you have to permit me to post an attachment?
Last edited by walterrottner on Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by admin » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:31 pm

Simply mail it to admin at ...

Post by admin » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:24 pm

It indeed looks like the phone book transfer causes the aborts. The phone disconnects the phone book transfer immediately without any proper reply.

Does my app show an updated connection time for every connection attempt? Can you please check in the Android active apps list if the PBAP service of the default "Bluetooth" app is running?

Post by walterrottner » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:09 am

The last test confused me! BluetoothPbapService was activ but I find that the App Phonebook was not in the list of the active App´s. So I clicked on the App Icon of Phonebook and it now appeared in the App list as activated and now worked as expected. So I guess that the App was not active all the time after updating android and that seems to be my fault, sorry. I did´nt come up with the idea to look of that because the behavior of the indication of the connection procedure displayed on my car screen was as usual except of the permanent breakdown of the connection. I hope it did´nt make to much effort to look at that, but anyway your help lead to the solution. Thanks very much!

Post by admin » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:17 pm

It should not happen that the service or app is not running. If it happened once it will happen again. The app should be a no-brainer: install it and forget it.

Maybe you activated some power save settings? Or maybe the phone activated them automatically? My S6 got power management options for individual apps with the Marshmallow update. When I set the phone book app to save as much as possible it is immediately terminated...

Post by walterrottner » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:38 pm

You are right, the app was deactivated again today so I restartet it and it worked ok again. The reason is not a power management option since both power saving options are set to off. I will watch what happens in the following time and could report it to you if you want. If I can do some other tests let me know. In any case I know now what to do if the app stoppes running. It doesn´t bother to much.

Next

Return to Bluetooth Phonebook App