[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4694: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
rSAP for Android Forum • View topic - Samsung S4 with stock rom / CM rom - not syncing phonebook
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:33 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Samsung S4 with stock rom / CM rom - not syncing phonebook

Discussions about PBAP and IrMC/SYNCH profile app

Re: Samsung S4 with stock rom / CM rom - not syncing phonebo

Post by Poochini » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:35 pm

Post by admin » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:57 pm

When you install a CyanogenMod ROM which works, then please create a HCI log (see http://www.android-rsap.com/41-support/ ... i-log.html). It is not so easy to read the resulting log file (with the WireShark program) because the phonebook data is parted in a lot of smaller pieces. Try to find an entry which has "PREF" when not working and check what is sent when it's working.

If removing "PREF" helps, I can make it an option in my app. But I'm quite sure that all recent CM ROMs do also send "PREF".

Post by Poochini » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:41 pm

Hello
I install old Android 4.4.2 - in Cyanogen mod - CM11, and all contacts are working well. I`m sure that they spoiled something in all CM13 - Android 6.0
I`ll install later 6.0 and do the logs.
Regards
P

Post by admin » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:43 pm

It would help if you create logs when it works!

Post by Poochini » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:38 pm

Hi. I have done logs (developer tools --> hci log). How I can read them by WhireShark? I mean for what I need to search?
Interesting thing. On ROM when phonebook is working well, when I install you app - contacts are missing.
It`s mean, that in CM11 and CM12 something is done for phonebook. In CM13, CM14 and all stock roms - it`s broken. When I install your app in CM11 or CM12, it`s replacing something working to not.
Your app fix lot of this problem in different phones, but S4 is more problematic.
I suppose, that you will need to develop pbap for S4 (separate edition) :)
Regards
P

Post by admin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:46 am

A possible explanation still is that the Renault stumbles over the (perfectly legal) "PREF" fields. Did you search for "PREF" in the CM11 and CM12 WireShark files? You may as well send me the files. Please note for each file which CM version was used.

I'd rather guess that the Renault is messing up things and the working CMs are doing something different, not necessarily more correct.
I'm surely not going to create some special version for your combination of car and phone :roll:
But I may add an option to omit "PREF" if this helps.

Post by Poochini » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:24 pm

Post by admin » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:39 pm

When you have HCI log files simply rename them from .log to .cap. WireShark automatically opens .cap files. In WireShark you can simply search the content for "PREF".

Post by Poochini » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:24 pm

My log files are already save in .cap extension.
I never use WireShark. In attached file screen of main window.
I`ll try to search for PREF but without success. Can you help?
I cann`t be wait for results :)
Attachments
Bez tytułu.png
Bez tytułu.png (49.82 KiB) Viewed 793 times

Post by admin » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:20 pm

There is a "Search" menu item. The trick is to set the options correctly. Simply start with a file where you know that it contains "PREF", most probably the not working ones.

I still offer to have a look into your files. It will get results much faster ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Bluetooth Phonebook App