It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 4:54 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Samsung S4 with stock rom / CM rom - not syncing phonebook

Discussions about PBAP and IrMC/SYNCH profile app

Samsung S4 with stock rom / CM rom - not syncing phonebook

Post by Poochini » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:59 pm

Hello All,
I fight with big problem for sync phonebook with my car.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 with stock ROM - Android 5 or CM 13 - Android 6. I test all CM12.1 and CM13 roms :)
Car: Renault Megane 2015 with TomTom
Contacts save: Gmail account only, assigned only to My contacts group. Not save in phone memory.
What is problem: After I pair phone with car, I see in my car half on my saved in phone contacts. What is strange - allways the same. What is next strange - allways my wife phone is not synced :)
What i test: After all tryings, I reset phone and radio in car. So, I test:
- auto pair
- change visible in contacts app
- I compare workings contacts with not working - no difference
- assing contacts to new group

Nothing difference. In car I see always the same contacts were synced. I try to import contacts from Gmail to phonebook and I start to see more of them, but still not 100% was synced.

I test also testBluetooth PhoneBook - strange, still lot of contacts was missing, but in phonebook in car I start to see only numbers without name.

What is interesting: In CM12.1 only 5 ROM`s my phonebook is synced without any problems. In my previous phone LG Swift (also named Optimus G, E975), on stock ROM contacts where not synced, when I install CM12.1 - ALLWAYS works. In Samsung - only 5 roms. I try to compare ROM`s where this is working, but I don`t known what I need to compare...

What is also interesing - in car, in calls history i see proper named contacts when somebody calls and his number is missing in phonebook in car.
Calls are always working fine.
Now, what I can do? Sell my phone? Because the worst thing for me is that I don`t known why is this not working :/ Or there is exist some.
I drive a lot, and I use phonebook (i try to use it) a lot

Re: Samsung S4 with stock rom / CM rom - not syncing phonebo

Post by admin » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:43 pm

The best way to compare the different ROMs is to create a HCI log with each. It may take a deeper understanding of the Phonebook Access Profile to spot the differences.

If you like you can also send me the log files with a description what worked in which log and what didn't. Maybe I can find some issue and improve my app ;)

Post by Poochini » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:01 pm

Hello
I send you mail log. Tomorrow I`ll test more combination and save two another logs. It`s strange - XXI century and you can`t use mandatory thing in phone / car :)
Regards

Post by Poochini » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:28 pm

Ok, I made few tests:
1. CM13 (where are always was lot of missing contacts) - with bluetooth phonebook active, and contacts from gmail accout - problem
2. I install CM12.1 rom where in past phonebook was working. Contacts from Gmail, and what? Works like a charm. I install Bluetooth PhoneBook and ... contacts start to be miss :/ So, I uninstall bluetooth phonebook, and contacts start to sync again.
3. I install clean CM13 and don`t configure account. And in can I see only one contact, but my phonebook in phone was empty. Strange.
4. In the same ROM I import to phone memory contacts, without configure gmail, and ALL contacts start to be sync. What was interesting, when I change something in contacts in phone, in car I couldn`t see edited changes. Only what was done at begining. So, I install Bluetooth PhoneBook, and contacts dissapear.
5. In this ROM in configure gmail accout, and after refresh phonebook list - situation from beggining.

I don`t understand what is going on. This is my I want to known :) Someone fix it in CM12.1 but in CM13 - not.

I`ll send you logs on your mail.
Regards

Post by admin » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:36 pm

Did you already try to switch off the "visible only" option in my app? Contacts may be contained in "invisible" contact groups which causes problems sometimes.

Post by Poochini » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:26 pm

Yes I try - no effect.
I plan to install Android 7.1 and we will see. I`ll inform you tomorrow.

Post by Poochini » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:21 pm

Hello
I test two roms. In first phonebook was NOT working. On second everything is OK. I use app Bluetooth Profile to found enemy :) I see that in all cases my phone and car you OPP profile, not PBAP. I test in VW Passat and Ford Mondeo. Always was OPP in use. What you think? Can your app fix also OPP profile?
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-02-14-16-14-03.png
PhoneBook synced and fully workder
Screenshot_2017-02-14-16-14-03.png (154.97 KiB) Viewed 1178 times
Screenshot_20170213-151925.png
PhoneBook not synced
Screenshot_20170213-151925.png (154.36 KiB) Viewed 1178 times

Post by admin » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:01 pm

I don't know what the app does and what the information it shows means. Most probably nothing helpful. I'm quite sure that every Android phone supports PBAP, with or without my app. I don't know what OPP may be used for and I never saw a car pulling the phonebook with OPP.

Did you already check the transliteration plugin? Try to transform everything to ASCII. I remember Renault has it's problems with non-ASCII characters.

Post by Poochini » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi. I test transliteration, but no change. I test also country code and number form: +48505xxxxxx or +48 505 xxx xxx. Space in digits was my last hope. But no change. By no change, I mean nothing new contacts in car phonebook. Strange, because I suppose some new missing contacts or some new visible.
I found file libbluetooth_jni.so - maybe there I can edit some provileges to access phone book in S4 or can I share bluetooth.apk from /system/app file and then you can take a look. Really, all tests and no change in car phonebook :(

Post by admin » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:23 pm

If you use my app you can simply create a log and check what the phone sends to the car. If the log contains more entries than the car finally shows, then the car does not like something about the missing entries. If the entries are already missing in the log, then it should help to switch off the "visible only" setting (which no longer exists in app version 1.2.5).

Next

Return to Bluetooth Phonebook App