It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 4:57 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Maybe a problem with the 1.2.5 update with JVC head unit?

Discussions about PBAP and IrMC/SYNCH profile app

Maybe a problem with the 1.2.5 update with JVC head unit?

Post by Sledge » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:39 pm

Hi!

I've been using the Bluetooth Phonebook App on my LG G5 ever since I got it last year. Without the app, it wouldn't transfer contacts to my BMW 3-series (E90)'s bluetooth setup. With the app, it did and I was very happy! Awesome stuff, thanks for the app!

Since then, I got a second car - a BMW Z4 with a JVC head unit, and that also had been working fine. But... I don't know exactly when things stopped working with that car, but it's in the last couple of weeks. It's no longer able to grab call history or the phonebook from my phone. If I disable/uninstall the BP app, then things start working with this JVC unit using the default Android support, but then things break again on the 3-series.

I've not obviously changed anything myself, so I was wondering why things had suddenly broken. Then I've just realised after checking history that it might be the new 1.2.5 release of the app which is causing my bug. Can I download an older version of the app from somewhere to downgrade and verify this please?

Re: Maybe a problem with the 1.2.5 update with JVC head unit

Post by admin » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:04 pm

Can you please mail me a log? What JVC device is it exactly?

Post by Sledge » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:57 am

admin wrote:Can you please mail me a log? What JVC device is it exactly?

Mail on the way. It's a JVC KD-X320BT head unit.

Post by admin » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:17 am

There is a crash in the latest version of the app and some other problems with the way JVC devices query the phonebook. I hope I can fix that with the next app version.

Post by Sledge » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:45 am

admin wrote:There is a crash in the latest version of the app and some other problems with the way JVC devices query the phonebook. I hope I can fix that with the next app version.

Thanks for that. I've just tested, and version 1.2.4 works fine for me. Let me know if I can help with any more logs!

Post by admin » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:01 pm

I bought a JVC device and I can reproduce the problem. I hope I can fix it soon.

Return to Bluetooth Phonebook App