License Check Failed

Discussions about PBAP and IrMC/SYNCH profile app
RussellS

License Check Failed

Post by RussellS » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:31 pm

Hi, I have been using the 'Bluetooth Phonebook' app very successfully for years on various different phones.
Due to my phone becoming faulty I have just changed it again for exactly the same model as previously (Elephone P9000) but running a later version of Android (7.1.2). However I cannot get the app to work now, it keeps coming up with 'License Check Failed'.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled it but it is still not working.

What can I do about this. I have WiFi and data turned on and everything else that requires an internet connection is working fine.

Any help gratefully received.

Many thanks

Russell

admin
Site Admin

Re: License Check Failed

Post by admin » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:39 pm

Does the Elephone device come with an official Play Store App? Maybe you installed some fake version which does not properly work?

RussellS

Post by RussellS » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:30 pm

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

The phone is running LineageOS and has the official Google play store which has updated to the latest version.

RussellS

Post by RussellS » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:31 am

Hi, just a quick update to say I have now sorted the issue and to let you know what it was.

The 'License Check Failed' issue was due to a bug in the Google Play Store (v10.7.19) as documented here:
https://www.xda-developers.com/latest-p ... paid-apps/
...which was the version my phone was on.

I downloaded the latest Play Store version from here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-in ... -download/
...and now the license verification is working fine. For some reason there wasn't an update available OTA and I had to download the apk file manually.

Thanks again for this excellent app.

Russell

qiangpeng

Post by qiangpeng » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:22 pm

you can update an app by going to Google Play but how to update Google Play itself. You have to search for it on another store. Here are some reliable stores that I know: apknite, apkmirror, apkpure

Return to “Bluetooth Phonebook App”