It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:03 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

License Check Failed

Discussions about PBAP and IrMC/SYNCH profile app

License Check Failed

Post by RussellS » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:31 pm

Hi, I have been using the 'Bluetooth Phonebook' app very successfully for years on various different phones.
Due to my phone becoming faulty I have just changed it again for exactly the same model as previously (Elephone P9000) but running a later version of Android (7.1.2). However I cannot get the app to work now, it keeps coming up with 'License Check Failed'.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled it but it is still not working.

What can I do about this. I have WiFi and data turned on and everything else that requires an internet connection is working fine.

Any help gratefully received.

Many thanks

Russell

Re: License Check Failed

Post by admin » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:39 pm

Does the Elephone device come with an official Play Store App? Maybe you installed some fake version which does not properly work?

Post by RussellS » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:30 pm

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

The phone is running LineageOS and has the official Google play store which has updated to the latest version.

Post by RussellS » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:31 am

Hi, just a quick update to say I have now sorted the issue and to let you know what it was.

The 'License Check Failed' issue was due to a bug in the Google Play Store (v10.7.19) as documented here:
https://www.xda-developers.com/latest-play-store-breaks-license-verification-paid-apps/
...which was the version my phone was on.

I downloaded the latest Play Store version from here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/google-play-store-10-8-23-release/google-play-store-10-8-23-all-0-pr-204428026-android-apk-download/
...and now the license verification is working fine. For some reason there wasn't an update available OTA and I had to download the apk file manually.

Thanks again for this excellent app.

Russell

Return to Bluetooth Phonebook App