IrMC Test App

Discussions about PBAP and IrMC/SYNCH profile app
admin
Site Admin

IrMC Test App

Post by admin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:57 pm

I finally found the time to care about IrMC/SYNCH phonebook transfer. This is not only supported by the older VW Premium, but by any car kit I have seen so far! So it may help many people with phonebook transfer problems.

To check if it basically works for you I created a small test app that transfers exactly 3 fake contacts via IrMC:
market://search?q=pname:com.android_rsap.irmctest or
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... p.irmctest

Note that IrMC will most probably not work if your carkit also supports PBAP! You can force usage of IrMC by removing the pairing info from the phone and then not allowing PBAP phonebook access after new pairing. I will later try to add options to disable PBAP from within the app but this may be difficult because many manufacturers do not use the standard PBAP implementation.

IrMC transfers only contact data. Call lists are not supported!

I hope I can deliver the full working version soon. It will not be free but much cheaper than rSAP...

SimpleSimon

Re: IrMC Test App

Post by SimpleSimon » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:58 pm

Hi,

Tried with Xperia S (4.04) and sony ericsson HCB-700 bluetooth handsfree and sadly it didn't synch phonebook.
Tried unpair - repairing phone with HCB-700 but is still didn't work. I cannot see anywhere to not allow PBAP phonebook after pairing.

Any advice?

Many thanks

kamer7@wp.pl

Post by kamer7@wp.pl » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Hello,
Will this help me with Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100) with Android 4.0.4 (IMM76D.XXLQ7) and Mercedes C209 CLK 320 CDI 2006 MY with NTG2 Comand and telephone option (354 ANTENNA FOR TELEPHONE D/E-NET)?
I can buy SAP V2 (Bluetooth SAP V2 Adapter part number B6 787 6125) for about 130 euro but I don't know if it will work...

Do you think that this app could send these contacts to my car? I think that Mercedes SAP V2 also uses IrMC to send them. Am I right?
Anyway I'm wondering if one is able to input the contacts manually ("by hand")...

Thanks in advance for any help

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:21 pm

Mercedes does not support IrMC (at least the SAP V2 + V3 modules). The SAP V3 at least supports PBAP with some problems. Samsung phones should work because they support SIM contact access via PBAP. With a V2 you only have SIM contacts.

kamer7@wp.pl

Post by kamer7@wp.pl » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:34 pm

OK, but you wrote on 14th Feb 2012 in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=285
admin wrote:I checked your logs and it looks like the SAP V2 does not support PBAP but only the old Nokia-style IrMC. (...)

The last option may be that someone writes a module to support the IrMC protocol. But this is difficult because the specification is not public.
and later on 7th Sep 2012 in this thread:
admin wrote: I finally found the time to care about IrMC/SYNCH phonebook transfer. This is not only supported by the older VW Premium, but by any car kit I have seen so far! So it may help many people with phonebook transfer problem. (...)
IrMC transfers only contact data. Call lists are not supported!
Shouldn't it work now? SAP V3 is difficult to get here in Poland in, let's call it, reasonable price. I'll MIGHT be able to get it for 200 euro but I would like to be sure that V2 version is incompatible (i mean transfer of contacts).

I'm not sure in which thread should we continue our conversation :P

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:43 am

Sorry, this was my mistake. The Mercedes SAP modules don't support IrMC (by the way it's not Nokia, but rather Ericsson...). I'm learning something new every day :-)

The SAP V2 can read SIM contacts, the V3 can read contacts via PBAP, if your Bluetooth.apk handles access to SIM contacts, like the Samsung or my implementation.

kamer7@wp.pl

Post by kamer7@wp.pl » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:46 pm

So if I put all my contact into SIM card its gonna be working. I don't know how many contacts can my SIM card store but I'll try to do that. Thanks for your help

Chistoph0603

Post by Chistoph0603 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:57 am

Hi admin,

I can confirm that the IrMC does not work with MB SAP V3.
I have a Galaxy S2 and I am still fighting the combination GT-I9100G, SAP V3, Ntg1 with regard to the phonebook transfer to the comand (only 1 number imported).
Also refer to following thread: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=411

So, before I had a Nokia E51 and erverything was fine. Now I found out on the datasheet, that this E51 phone does not support PBAP nor IrMC but only Sync.
Hence, I started asking myself: What the f*ck makes the Nokia to the job with SAP V3 but ot the S2? Maybe this can be the key for success?
Maybe you could have a look into this issue - you could make a lot of people happy, since MB forums are full of the problem. If you need, I'd be happy to support you with the Nokia Phone for analysis.

THANKS and best regards

Christoph

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:59 am

Can you please create a "HCI" log - either with my rSAP app (if you use it) or manually in a shell (search forum for 'hcidump')? Normally the PBAP transfer works with the SAP V3, so it may be an issue with your data.

Why it causes such problems? Because the PBAP spec is not strict enough...

Chistoph0603

Post by Chistoph0603 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:04 am

Hi admin,

just to get that straight since it took me some time to get it sorted myself
You want me to:
- Install hcidump from your app
- install terminal shell
- start BT
- start logging in terminal shell with command "hcidump -w /mnt/sdcard/dump.cap"
- connect to the V3 (normal with out-of-the-box rSAP)
- stop logging with Crtl c in the terminal shell
- send you the the dump.cab file as private message

Right?

I also could do afterwards same with your irMC test app installed.

shall I?

Regards

Return to “Bluetooth Phonebook App”