IrMC Test App

Discussions about PBAP and IrMC/SYNCH profile app
admin
Site Admin

Re: IrMC Test App

Post by admin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:22 am

Exactly, except you need not test the IrMC app, it is not supported by the MB SAP. You need to execute 'su' before 'hcidump', otherwise you'll get an error.

CraigCampbell

Post by CraigCampbell » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:53 am

I have spent a long time trying to get my phone and car to work.
I have a 2008 VW EOS with VW Premium Bluetooth kit. RNS 510 sat nav / entertainment system.
Originally I had a Nokia 5800 and it worked fine with my car.
Then I got an HTC Desire. I rooted my phone and installed your RSAP app, but it didn’t work. It seemed to make a connection, but failed at the last minute. I assume this was at the phone book transfer stage. I posted queries, but never got it working. I gave up.
Now, I have moved to a Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300), largely because i heard Samsung supported RSAP natively. My Galaxy S3 is running standard ‘stock’ (?) ROM, Android 4.0.4. I have not installed your RSAP app.
When I tried to pair with my phone, they attempted to pair, but failed at the last minute (like my HTC desire with RSAP app). I assume this was at the phone book stage.
My contacts are on my phone. I sync with my PC, so have no contacts on SIM.
My contacts contain photos.
Today, I installed your irMC test app.
When I first paired the phone, the car-phone pairing failed as before.
When I tried a second time, it seemed to work. This surprised me because I hadn’t run the app! The car displayed the name of my network provider (Orange UK) and 5 bars signal. My car has the following 3 contacts:
Erster Eintrag (Mobile)
Huber Ros (Home)
Testuser Gunter (Mobile)

Are these your test User IDs?

However, when I tried to make a call, nothing happened. The car seemed to make a phone connection, but I couldn’t hear anything. I phoned my home phone and my answer machine registered a call, but it was silent.

Then later this evening, I made another journey. I paired my phone and car again. This time it seemed to work. Also, this time, the car listed calls I had made on my phone. There were no new contacts from my phone, but I was able to make a call. And it worked.

The car-phone connection dropped after approx. 10 minutes. Is this because it is a test app? Will the full app transfer all contacts from my phone? Is there a limit? Does the car/app have a limit?

Thanks for all your help so far! It’s looking good. 8-)

CraigCampbell

Post by CraigCampbell » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:18 am

also, just realised. When i left car, my phone didn't go back to normal mode, i.e. it didn't have a signal.

CraigCampbell

Post by CraigCampbell » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:15 am

I suppose my last posed posed some questions…
Are the 3 contacts I have the test ones? If I download the full app, will it transfer all my contacts? Are there limits to numbers, contacts with photos etc?
Is the connection drop a feature of the test app or is this something else?
Is it a bug that the phone didn’t go back to normal handset mode? NB It didn’t happen tonight.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:34 pm

Yes, the listed 3 names are the ones from the test version. Not very creative, I know... The full version transfers all contacts. There should not be any problems with photos etc.

Normally the phone should return to normal operation after disconnect from the car. It does happen to some users that this does not work. Sadly I don't know why. You may try the plugin from viewtopic.php?f=28&t=191&p=1066#p1013. It automatically switches on/off airplane mode after disconnect.

CraigCampbell

Post by CraigCampbell » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:45 am

I now bought the true app, but it isn't transferring my contacts across. I'm thinking it is because I didn't uninstall the test app. i went to uninstall it and i can see two apps, but they both contain the exact same details. How do i know which one to remove? The only difference is that one is 296K and the other is 116K

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:53 pm

I guess it is the larger one. Anyway, if you pick the wrong one you can reinstall it from Google Store any time.

CraigCampbell

Post by CraigCampbell » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:26 am

I have now been running for 3-4 weeks and still my contacts haven't transferred. i still have the 3 test contacts. Also, the connections drops regularly, i.e. every time. I don't know if the phone book transfer is too big and causing the connection to drop....

Help?...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:33 am

If your phone is rooted please install 'hcidump' with the rSAP installer app and create a HCI log with my logger app. If not rooted create a "main" log with my logger or 'catlog'. Can you force a phonebook update in the car? Did you try to remove and redo pairing?

CraigCampbell

Post by CraigCampbell » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:45 pm

Thanks for that. My phone is not rooted. How do i create a main log? The phone connection still drops every time I connect it after 5-10 mins. I think this is during the phone book transfer. I can force a phone book transfer, but this causes the connection to drop too. My address book is still showing the 3 test contacts.

Return to “Bluetooth Phonebook App”