IrMC Test App

Discussions about PBAP and IrMC/SYNCH profile app
admin
Site Admin

Re: IrMC Test App

Post by admin » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:05 pm

Can you please try again with the updated app. At least you see when the car connects to the app.

AustVW

Post by AustVW » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:00 am

Hi
I have a 2011 VW Golf with the RNS510 Premium sound system and a Samsung S2 running Ice-cream sandwich. I'm trying to pair them up but like many people with no success with the phone book. I've read multiple treads on the internet regarding this is specific problem. My phone is NOT rooted and I'm not really keen in rooting the phone. I don't fully understand how they are not compatible....(I appreciate it's got to do with the rSAP)... I've tried downloading multiple programs from the Google Play store and they too haven't been successful.

This is why I'm now trying the "IrMC Test App" because rooting the phone is not a prerequisite. However this program too doesn't seem to do anything (I've followed the instructions and haven't allowed phonebook access)

Maybe I'm doing something incorrect...... however this program doesn't have too many settings or options.... it just says "Enable IrMC" and the box is ticked.

What should be happening?

Please Help

Michael

CraigCampbell

Post by CraigCampbell » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:16 pm

Just as an update from me, i still cant get the phone book transfer working. I have latest version of the app. This cleared the test entries out my car's contact list, but still no new entries. when I force an update, it works for a while then the phone disconnects. The phone connectivity itself works, albeit that it disconnects regularly.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 pm

AustVW wrote:I have a 2011 VW Golf with the RNS510 Premium sound system
I guess I should remove the IrMC test app from the Play Store. Some day I'll update it to work similar to the full phonebook app...

The IrMC profile only helps with older VW Premiums and Nokia 610/616, perhaps more which I don't know. A 2011 Golf for sure supports the Phonebook Access Profile (PBAP). Perhaps you simply forgot to grant access on the phone? My full phonebook app also fixes some Samsung bugs when you have Android 4+ on your Galaxy S2.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:15 pm

CraigCampbell wrote:Just as an update from me
It disconnects while transfering the phonebook? Do you get connections for PBAP or IrMC?

Return to “Bluetooth Phonebook App”