Samsung Galaxy SIII (4.1.1) with Nokia 616: Some issues

Discussions about PBAP and IrMC/SYNCH profile app
globy69

Samsung Galaxy SIII (4.1.1) with Nokia 616: Some issues

Post by globy69 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:44 pm

My new Samsung Galaxy S3 is working quiet good with my Nokia 616 car kit thanks to the built in rSAP functionality.

I installed the IrMC App (checked with the test version before) and it is working in general but is only replicating about 75% of my contacts. I am not able to figure out what is causing the issue. Some of the missing contacts are "rich" contacts (with picture, email, several phone numbers) and some of them have just a phone number.

Any hint?

Feature Request: Since the Nokia 616 is mixing up first and last name (which is resulting in the fact that you have to search a contact by first name) I just ask myself if a switch option could be included in the app to swap first and last name entry while replicating. This could allow then searching by last name again in the Nolia 616.

Hope that the replication issue can be solved, I love the setup I have!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Samsung Galaxy SIII (4.1.1) with Nokia 616: Some issues

Post by admin » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:44 pm

If you have rooted your phone and you manage to run the hcidump utility in a root shell (e.g. in Terminal Emulator after entering 'su' enter 'hcidump -w /mnt/sdcard/log.cap'), you can email me the dump file with a hint which contacts are missing. The hcidump utility can be installed using the rSAP installer app from Google Store.

If you don't have root it's harder to find out... Perhaps there are some special characters in the missing contacts? Are the missing contacts synced differently? Perhaps via Exchange server?

road-runner

Re: Samsung Galaxy SIII (4.1.1) with Nokia 616: Some issues

Post by road-runner » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:06 pm

Hello!
I´ve had the same problem with my Acramis (Renault Megane) radio some time ago. The probleme was, that from about 700 contacts only exactly 500 could be imported. But not the same 500 every time! After every pairing there were other contacts missed. So I reduced my contacts to max. 500 and now it works. It takes me more than a week to realise this :D

Return to “Bluetooth Phonebook App”