moved from: Samsung Galaxy S II and Note: Installation witho

Discussions about PBAP and IrMC/SYNCH profile app
tobihoughton2000

moved from: Samsung Galaxy S II and Note: Installation witho

Post by tobihoughton2000 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:23 pm

tiiho wrote:Hello Folks!

I thought I should share a thing I discovered last week, when changing the SIM card to my phone.
My hands free system will NOT update the phone book from the phone memory, even though this option is in the menu. I had to copy all contacts to the SIM (IMPORT/EXPORT) from the Contacts menu, before the phone book update worked on my phone. So a hint to all you guys having problems with your phone book;
!TRY SAVING ALL YOUR CONTACTS TO THE SIM CARD!

Hope it all works for ya' , folks!
:mrgreen:
Hello I have been reading all of this subject and want to ask you a question specifically, I have VW premium Bluetooth hands free in my passat ( steering wheel controls, voice control, pop out keypad on center dash etc) and using the zip file for rSAP I sorted out my connection problems, galaxy sII on 4.0.4 so the car uses the phone no problem. I had put up with the phone book issue for ages (even tried the phone book app - no response from that) and then for no reason some of my call lists started showing the names of people from my phone memory (some but not all) with little telephone symbols preceding the names. I hadn't changed anything, panicked, copied over all my favorites to the phone book and screwed it all up! back to nil recognition from the car no names in phone book, even for the numbers that had come up before with names. So when i try to copy all contacts to sim it warned me I would lose some info but I did it anyway, still no joy. Then I noticed some have emails still attached to them so:

1)do I need to just have names and numbers and save them to sim?

2) do you select sim only from your cars phone book settings?

Any tips would be gratefully received

Yours Aye

Tobi H

admin
Site Admin

Re: Samsung Galaxy S II and Note: Installation without rooti

Post by admin » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:20 pm

You tried my recent "Bluetooth Phonebook" app and it also didn't help? Did you see "Last connected to..." entries in the state of PBAP or IrMC?

If you don't have any entries at all you might have a different problem. If only some entries are missing it may help to reduce the data per contact to only name and number. For details see also viewtopic.php?f=33&t=488 below "PBAP". Perhaps all your contact data has problematic data?

Recently someone also discovered that Skype contacts may disturb phonebook transfer.

tobihoughton2000

Re: Samsung Galaxy S II and Note: Installation without rooti

Post by tobihoughton2000 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:06 pm

admin wrote:You tried my recent "Bluetooth Phonebook" app and it also didn't help? Did you see "Last connected to..." entries in the state of PBAP or IrMC?

If you don't have any entries at all you might have a different problem. If only some entries are missing it may help to reduce the data per contact to only name and number. For details see also viewtopic.php?f=33&t=488 below "PBAP". Perhaps all your contact data has problematic data?

Recently someone also discovered that Skype contacts may disturb phonebook transfer.
Hello admin and thank you for your intervention.
I have your rsap app (tried the trial got connection but then lost everything messing about with phone - see previous entry. My phone had survived connnected to my car for ages with nothing other than your trial initiating the the connection I think once the two had 'paired' and could see each other that was all I needed as my phone has always been able to 'see' the car but not visa versa. However, since messing with it the other day I have had to use your paid version as the trial did not work again)
I have this paid app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... AuaXJtYyJd
which after reading here and on the links thought would solve all my woes but no joy. I have copied all my phone numbers to sim, deleted all info that isn't a name and number, and am now removing all other apps and emails that have access to the phone book/sync with phone and will let you know. I have already encountered one problem with my sim after all the transferring to and from it I can no longer delete any entries from my sim?? and am looking for a sim management app to sort it out.

One of my apps was Skype! I wonder?

Will post back here after test.

Yours Aye

Tobi H

Right I'm here to edit this, nothing worked, my phone cant delete the contacts I have created on the sim, the contacts are multiplying like bunnies now and I can't stop it. I've stopped thinking about the car because my phones looking really fat with contacts and i feel like making it thin by driving over it or beating it with a hammer. NVFH :cry:

Return to “Bluetooth Phonebook App”