SGS3 and Audi MMI 2G Phonebook synchronises SIM card

Discussions about PBAP and IrMC/SYNCH profile app
simont1952

SGS3 and Audi MMI 2G Phonebook synchronises SIM card

Post by simont1952 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:48 pm

I have an Audi A8 2008 and have recently taken delivery of a Samsung S3 which is running 4.1.2 XXEMB5.

I have installed the PBAP app and am now at the stage where I can get any contact on my SIM card sychronised to the car MMI whilst connected in RSAP mode.

Whilst this is great, these are not the contacts I need to sychnronise.

I use Microsoft Office 365 and so use the MS Exchange Active sync phone book. Is anyone aware of some overiding reason why this phone book will not sync with my car?

Do I need to clear out stuff from my contact records? Simplify them? Or am I just not going to get the same as I had with my Nokia E72 which did synchronise all this (so why would the contact records themselves be suspect?).

I look forward to hearing others experiences.

admin
Site Admin

Re: SGS3 and Audi MMI 2G Phonebook synchronises SIM card

Post by admin » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:44 pm

Do those contacts show in the normal contacts app? With the latest update of my phonebook app you can create a log. Do the missing contacts show up in the log output?

simont1952

Post by simont1952 » Fri May 03, 2013 12:53 pm

Hi,

I have just seen your response. I have activated the log and will send it to you when there is information.

Where will I find the log on my phone?

Regards

simont1952

Post by simont1952 » Fri May 03, 2013 12:54 pm

And yes, the Exchange Active Sync contacts do show up in the normal SGS3 contacts app.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri May 03, 2013 3:13 pm

The logs are stored in folder ".rsap" on the SD card/USB memory.

Shuntfield

Post by Shuntfield » Tue May 21, 2013 2:39 pm

I too have installed the Application on my SGS3 - I also have an Audi S4 with 2G MMI and also have my contacts on an Exchange Service.

I reset everything to default settings then paired from the car to the phone with the Samsung rSAP service. (I did have an SGS2 and used the rSAP for Android without rooting - but I now have SGS3 and don't wish to root)

The phone just sits there doing nothing.

I also have a problem with the stock Samsung RSAP where a text comes in and it disconnects from the car :evil:

I don't seem to have the .rsap folder on my SD/USB memory :(

Shunts...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed May 22, 2013 12:48 pm

There are Audi car kits that don't support PBAP at all, the problem is that I don't know how to distinguish them. Do you see a "last connected" in my phonebook app? If yes, please mail me a log created with the phonebook app. The ".rsap" folder is invisible to the Samsung file manager and the USB connection. If you use a different file manager you should find the file.

I heard of the connection loss problem with text messages in the Samsung rSAP. My app seems to fix this, but it needs root on the S3. Another possibility is to flash a 4.2 pre-version with ODIN, but that's nearly the same as rooting the phone...

Shuntfield

Post by Shuntfield » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi Admin,

When I connect to the car with handsfree mode the car will download the entire contact list from the Exchange Account. When its connected in rSAP mode no joy.

I shall take a look for the log file with the phone connected to my computer.

Yes I do see last connected in the phonebook app too.

Yes your app worked well on my SGS2 - text messaging was perfect.

I had logs switched off next time I connect I will try and upload the log.

Thanks for your help

Shunts...

Return to “Bluetooth Phonebook App”