Bluetooth.apk not working with android 4.0.4

Discussions about PBAP and IrMC/SYNCH profile app
Huawei_JVC

Bluetooth.apk not working with android 4.0.4

Post by Huawei_JVC » Thu May 30, 2013 1:27 pm

I installed Bluetooth.apk from Playstore.

My phone is Huawei honor 2 U9508 with android 4.0.4

When paired with JVC head unit it doesnt show the call log or the phonebook. Sometimes when i receive or make a call via bluetooth 1/100 times i can see the call log and phonebook.

All the other times i can see " Please Wait" and nothing happens further.

The same used to happen with my other handset ZTE Blade with android 2.3.7 , i installed PBAP.APK installer and installed the bluetooth.apk. This solved the whole problem. The ZTE blade perfectly works with the JVC now.

Can you please help with connecting my Huawei 4.0.4 with JVC, this is my primary phone.

Huawei_JVC

Re: Bluetooth.apk not working with android 4.0.4

Post by Huawei_JVC » Thu May 30, 2013 2:30 pm

Sorry for the wrong info.

I mean i had installed Bluetooth Phonebook. apk meant to enable proper working of PBAP profile for handsfree calling through head unit

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 30, 2013 3:39 pm

Does the app show a "last connected" below PBAP? Maybe the Huawei uses a strange unknown Bluetooth stack where it is not possible to kill the built-in PBAP implementation. Do you see a Bluetooth.apk in the list of running apps with active Bluetooth... services?

Huawei_JVC

Post by Huawei_JVC » Thu May 30, 2013 4:30 pm

admin wrote:Does the app show a "last connected" below PBAP? Maybe the Huawei uses a strange unknown Bluetooth stack where it is not possible to kill the built-in PBAP implementation. Do you see a Bluetooth.apk in the list of running apps with active Bluetooth... services?
Thanks for replying.

Yes it showed me last connected only once as it connected only 1 time and never again.

I see bluetooth share in list of running apps with 2 services on ( OPPServerService and BluetoothPbapService)

In ALL apps too i can see bluetooth share and com.broadcom.bt.app.system

When i pair my head unit i get a message " JVC unit is requesting for contacts and phonebook sharing , ACCEPT " ... i click on accept and check box dont ask again. It pairs successfully. I can hear voice from my head unit.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 30, 2013 5:16 pm

If the BluetoothPbapService is still running and you get the access request this means that my app couldn't kill the built-in PBAP service. Maybe it helps to stop my app in Android settings and clear it's data.

Huawei_JVC

Post by Huawei_JVC » Thu May 30, 2013 5:40 pm

admin wrote:If the BluetoothPbapService is still running and you get the access request this means that my app couldn't kill the built-in PBAP service. Maybe it helps to stop my app in Android settings and clear it's data.
So are you suggesting that i stop your app in Android settings and clear the data once. Then again start your app and then connect my bluetooth again?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 30, 2013 8:40 pm

Exactly. Just to make sure: Clear app data, not phone data!

Huawei_JVC

Post by Huawei_JVC » Fri May 31, 2013 7:15 pm

admin wrote:Exactly. Just to make sure: Clear app data, not phone data!
Doesnt work. I also installed the HPI logger. I get a message on the logger that your handset does not support the HPI logger. It is using some different broadcom bluetooth

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:22 am

I don't think I can fix this without such a phone or at least a ROM dump in my hands. It looks like the same Bluetooth stack as the new HTC phones, but it's obviously different. Can you provide me a link to a ROM dump?

Huawei_JVC

Post by Huawei_JVC » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:42 am

admin wrote:I don't think I can fix this without such a phone or at least a ROM dump in my hands. It looks like the same Bluetooth stack as the new HTC phones, but it's obviously different. Can you provide me a link to a ROM dump?
Do you mean you need a original ROM that i have.

Its on this link
http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/d ... d=NDcwNzM=

If there is something i need to download from my handset, let me know the process i will do it on my handset itself.

Return to “Bluetooth Phonebook App”