It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:23 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

HTC One S-on - not rebooting bootloader

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the HTC One X

HTC One S-on - not rebooting bootloader

Post by mate70 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:10 am

First of all, great thanks for putting this much effort in your application and making this possible. Respect!

I've got a Audi A3 SB MY2014 and a HTC One X with S-on.
When installing the rSAP installation app I'm not getting the error about the s-on, and the phone won't boot in to recovery.
Instead, it just installs the files.

When connected to the car, it keeps saying it has no Bluetooth connection, while the car says it has.

What went wrong?

Re: HTC One S-on - not rebooting bootloader

Post by admin » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:34 pm

Most probably you don't have the "Audi connect" option. The standard Bluetooth car kit does not support rSAP.

Post by mate70 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:49 pm

I do have MMI+ with Audi connect.
I just tried some more and got ( with s-on) a connection with the mmi in the app. I also got the ability to select "carphone" instead of the headset option. After a second or what the bluetooth state changes back to not connected...

Added: but what about the s-on thing? Is s-off needed, or can it be installed with the normal proces?

Post by admin » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:10 pm

I just switched on my HTC One X and checked if there is any write protection and there isn't. At least with Android 4.2 you can simply install the system files with the installer app. So S-ON does not affect the installation. You'd need the zip file only if you choose not to install the Superuser app.

I removed the recovery installation option some time ago, because it was only needed for some very old HTCs. I'll add the option again in the next version of the installer app, because of all the other recent HTC phones that do have the write protection on the system partition.

Another problem for you may be that the "Audi connect" device is usually not happy with the GSM-only SIM access on the HTC One X. See also http://www.android-rsap.com/compatibility.html.

Return to HTC One X