It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:13 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Test for 64 bit Qualcomm

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S III Mini

Re: Test for 64 bit Qualcomm

Post by admin » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:19 am

The installer app is not able to create the 'sap_security_restrictions' file? Did you check with QPST that the file is really there, even after a reboot?

Sadly the log file does not contain helpful information. Maybe try a log with the CatLog app. Start logging before you start the installer app (stop it first if necessary) then run the installer app and let it detect the QMI error.

Post by Wisi » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:58 am

Hi, file was there when I first went to the directory. Will have a try again now and after a reboot.
Meanwhile I already sent you some further logs.

Post by Wisi » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:44 pm

This file is always there, doesn't depend on the state. Four files in this folder here:

apdu_security_restrictions
auth_security_restrictions
qmi_uim_silent_pin1
sap_security_restrictions

Files are there even if RSAP is uninstalled...

Post by Wisi » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:00 pm

Got it :)
Deleted the original file from EFS, uploaded your file in Test mode with QXDM (files don't have the same content, so I got this idea). Now I have a SIM Connection. Will have to switch off test mode now and then to test if my car accepts the simcard. But it looks very good at this moment.

edit: yes the RSAP connection works with a premium FSE in my VW. But I don't know how stable it is. Had a test call and after that the bluetooth connection dropped and reconnected after bluetooth seems to be switched off and on. But could also be only luck...

for someone who also wants to test the necessary command for this xperia to activate diag mode is:

adb shell
su
setprop persist.usb.eng 1

after that switch off debugging and enable it afterwards, now you will see 5 devices. the device with mi04 is the one you need for modem file...

Post by admin » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:23 am

Do you remember what the content of the already existing file was? A single byte not equal to 0? Or was it bigger than one byte?

So far I though the file is either missing or rSAP is enabled. I didn't think some manufacturer would actively disable rSAP with this file :o

Post by Wisi » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:10 pm

Will send you the file when I am at home, downloaded this one before deleting. What I can remember: it was 1 byte (so everything seemed ok at first) but it was not NUL in it.

Can you also overwrite an existing file? That should solve the problem while installing? Or is this not possible?
Where can we see if the Z5 Compact supports the diag mode from inside so that you can write there?

Post by Wisi » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:26 pm

Sent you the file via Mail. It is really a shame what Sony did here...

Post by Wisi » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:27 am

Ok, installed the mobile phone for daily use today. For that I did a reset first.
After that my modification is lost again. So be careful about that :)

Did you get the file? Do you see a possibility to help other users to get easer to a working rsap?

Post by admin » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:13 am

I received the file but did not yet check it's content. I hope I can write it.

I don't understand why it takes so long until all Android phonemakers support rSAP, now that even Google supports it. It's already built into all Qualcomm phones, they only have to enable it. I guess they will wait until the carmakers start dropping rSAP support :roll:

Post by Wisi » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:57 pm

Anything new or something I can do for you to adapt the installer?

PreviousNext

Return to Samsung Galaxy S III Mini I8190