It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:12 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Samsung Galaxy SIII mini I8190

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S III Mini

Samsung Galaxy SIII mini I8190

Post by jmses » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:15 pm

Hello,

Does anybody know if the new Samsung Galaxy SIII mini I8190 supports rSAP? In case it doesn't, is there any plan to extend the application to make it work in this device?

Thanks,
Javier

Re: Samsung Galaxy SIII mini I8190

Post by salieri » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:01 am

Hi together,

I am also asking about rsap functionality of S3 mini.
Does anybody have detailed information?

Thanks in advance.
Regards
S

Post by w.a.y.n.e » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:52 pm

i was fortunate enough to be able to take an S3 mini to try in my car (Mercedes - with SAP enabled phone kit) before deciding which phone to get

As per the stock S3, the 2 devices see each other, and pair/connect, then within a few seconds the car reports not connected, and the phone apparently remains paired - so basically, that's a no with the stock ROM

This was only a week ago with a brand new phone

Post by admin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:48 pm

I examined the RIL lib of the S III mini and it seems that all rSAP functions are there, but the Bluetooth lib is missing. So probably my app will run. But first someone has to find out how to root this phone... Anyway, I'll move this to a new section.

Post by jaywalker » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:53 pm

I asked the Samsung support about rSAP in the i8190, here is what they answered (in german):

Das Galaxy S III Mini unterstützt in der aktuellen Software-Version das Phone Book Access Profil für den Austausch von Kontaktinformationen zwischen Smartphone und Kfz-Freisprecheinrichtung. Das rSAP Profil wird aktuell nicht unterstützt.

(this means roughly that with the current software version, phone book access profile is supported, but rSAP is not).

and on a second request of me, asking whether they will support rSAP in the future, they answered:
Natürlich sind auch wir daran interessiert, rSAP für möglichst viele Modelle anzubieten. Ob und wann diese Funktion über ein späteres Software-Update wieder angeboten wird, können wir derzeit jedoch nicht sagen.

(freely translates to that Samsung is interested in having rSAP on as many models as possible, but that they cannot tell at the current time whether or not rSAP will be provided for the S3 mini with a future software update).

It's at least better than a definite no...

Post by admin » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:33 am

Samsung support is not very helpful in such topics. Remember the desaster with the ICS update for the S II: first they did not know of any problem with missing rSAP and then they could not tell a fix date although rSAP was already working again in pre-release versions. I only believe what I see with my own eyes ;)

rSAP not working with stock ROM

Post by newyankee » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:00 pm

rSAP is not working with the stock ROM. I tried today with a Volkswagen Premium hands free kit. BT audio works and phone book transfer as well.
What are steps required to get rSAP to work?

Guido

Post by admin » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:10 pm

I don't know if rSAP will work at all. Someone will have to try: root phone and install system files with installer and then test with the trail app. Root is currently possible by flashing a pre-rooted image: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=2030282. Perhaps there are other possibilities like CF Root.

Post by triplehead » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:48 pm

I have flashed my S3 mini the with pre-rooted image from the link above and installed the rSAP app. The connection to my VW Premium FSE from 2009 via rSAP went fine also the phone book transfer worked. The only problem is after leaving the car the phone doesn't get a mobile network so I need to reboot the phone.

Post by admin » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Doh! This may be the old problem... Does airplane mode on/off fix it?

Next

Return to Samsung Galaxy S III Mini I8190