Samsung Galaxy SIII mini I8190

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the Samsung Galaxy S III Mini
admin
Site Admin

Re: Samsung Galaxy SIII mini I8190

Post by admin » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:22 pm

So, still no cure without a reboot... I don't think I'll find a solution without a device - if there is a solution :roll:

triplehead

Post by triplehead » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:04 pm

Do you plan to organise a device and try to fix the problem?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:45 pm

Yes, I guess it may take a week or two.

Update: since I'm close to finishing the HTC One S, I ordered a phone today. I only hope I can find a solution to the "no network" problem...

jaywalker

Post by jaywalker » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:34 pm

This is great news! I hope you will find a solution soon.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:12 pm

This was easy :D

Please try this special installer version:

rSAPInstall-I8190.apk (use latest version from Google Play Store now)
Please test and let me know if it works for you, too.

In the meantime I will try to fix the cosmetic problem that the phone shows a receiption level during an rSAP connection although it is blocked.

This may help with the Galaxy W, too.

triplehead

Post by triplehead » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:20 pm

Great job, I've tested it with complete success.
First I installed the new apk file, updated the system files, switched the phone to automatic network mode, rebooted the phone and tested it with the PFSE and after disconnection. All things went fine, phone calls and browsing with full speed and without switching to airplane mode or the network mode.
As I understand you are now working on a final release of the installer apk?
Many thanks for your help.

Knicko

Post by Knicko » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:22 am

Hi,

I've just tested the special trial version on my S3mini running Android 4.1.2 connecting to my VW Passat Premium FSE hands-free equipment, build 12/2010. I Installed the system files, downloaded the trial app and rebooted the phone.

The pairing process via bluetooth works fine, the app shows that the phone is connected via rSAP and the FSE downloads the phone book. As soon as I terminate the connection the S3mini takes over again automatically and works just like before.

However, I have encountered two problems:
a) In most cases the FSE is not able to connect to the mobile network. The FSE display shows 'no network', the mobile keeps showing a reception signal in the task bar. In some cases switching the network type from 'Auto' to 'GSM' made it connect to the network immediately, but this did not always help. However, I once had the FSE working in 'GSM' mode and also had it working in '3G' mode for sure.
b) A lot of the telephone book entries are missing. Some are shown, some aren't, and I was not able to find out a systematic difference inbetween the different contacts. (However, I have encountered similar problems when connecting via HFP).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:56 am

a) It shouldn't make any difference which mode the car uses. Also the phone should be set to the default setting. Perhaps you really have a weak signal? You get all bars in the receiption display in the car? Recently I tested in my garage and it took minutes until I got network access, although receiption showed 2 out of 5 bars.

b) This is strange. The S III Mini uses the enhanced Bluetooth.apk, so it shouldn't suffer from the "usual" problems. What firmware version does your S III Mini have? Do you use any special phonebook sync mode or do you use Skype? Can you please create a HCI log of a phonebook sync and mail it to me?

Knicko

Post by Knicko » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:56 pm

a) I tried again a couple of times this afternoon, and it worked fine without any problems. No idea what was wrong yesterday, in any case the carrier signal was pretty good, as my phone was able to connect just seconds later and showed a signal strength of about 90% within seconds. The display of the FSE showed 0 out of 5 bars when in 'Auto Mode' and after switching to 'GSM' about 3-4 of 4 instantaneously. Maybe it was just a one-off issue. I didn't manage to reproduce it today.

b) My device is running Android 4.1.2 Kernel 3.0.31-670755 Build JZ054K.I8190DXALL3. The contacts are synced directly with Outlook2007 using MyPhoneExplorer, no additional account is synced with the phone book (Skype, Google, Samsung etc.). You got mail :)

Thanks a lot!

CarlesB

Post by CarlesB » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:38 pm

I've tried the updated app. but unfortunatelly I'm still having same concerns, less network signal on the car BT and phone blocked, once the car BT is disconnected.

Return to “Samsung Galaxy S III Mini I8190”