It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:36 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

HTC ONE V Pairing lost to VW Premium

HTC ONE V Pairing lost to VW Premium

Post by 525047 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:53 pm

Hi

I installed both the RSAP install and trial apps on my HTC One V phone from the Google store and have been able to connect and make calls to my VW Passatt premium car kit. However, I seem to lose the blue tooth pairing and need to go back to the trial app repeatedly to make the blue tooth visible to re-pair it. I bought and installed the full app before the trial one and wonder if this has caused the problem. Should the trial one have been upgraded some how and is that causing this problem? Can I just unistall them both and start again or will I get charged a second time for re-installing it?

The phone book on the car kit screen seemed to be there ok including recent calls so assume it is working ok. I got a text whilst driving and the notification appeared on the dash display but it would not let me read it. Is this correct?

Thanks
Neill

Re: HTC ONE V Pairing lost to VW Premium

Post by admin » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:54 pm

You should not install the full and trial app parallel. It should be enough to uninstall the trial version, you may uninstall both and start all over. Once you bought an app in Google Play Store you can download it any time. It should be marked as "purchased" in Google Store.

I don't know why you loose the Bluetooth pairing. Usually you do the pairing once and after that the devices recognize each other automatically. This should work as long as you don't remove the pairing in one device. BTW: You can also set the phone to Bluetooth-visible with the full version or in the Android settings. Bluetooth pairing is not handled by my app but inside the Android system.

Which system files did you install? If you used the "generic" files before Installer version 2.2.2 SMS didn't work. The HTC One V should also work with the "native" system files, which should work better.

Post by 525047 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:36 pm

Hi

I uninstalled the trial app and the paid for one as you suggested and re-downloaded just the paid for one and my HTC one V now seems to work on my VW Premuim kit including texts :D .

Can I now remove the rooting on the phone and will it still work ok?

Regards
Neill

Post by admin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:42 pm

After installation of the system files you can remove root i.e. Superuser app and custom recovery. You may need it again in case you get a system update. Then you must uninstall the rSAP system files before the update can be installed.

Return to HTC One V