HTC Desire X

nirmalts

HTC Desire X

Post by nirmalts » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:15 pm

Hello,

Is the rSAP App compatible with HTC Desire X?

Regards

admin
Site Admin

Re: HTC Desire X

Post by admin » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:59 pm

I heard of one user where it did not work, so probably it is not compatible.

rsap_d

Post by rsap_d » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:28 pm

Well, it works but not in a comfortable way. This happens on my HTC Desire X:

* If you have a connection via rSAP, it works fine. Can't tell about SMS stuff, yet.

* When I leave my car and the phone is disconnected from the car, I don't get a new connection to my provider. This was already mentioned in another thread, see viewtopic.php?f=26&t=576&start=100#p3718. I have to reboot my phone to get connected to my provider again.

* After I have rebooted, it's hard to connect to the car again. I still have to find out the correct procedure but it looks like I have to re-install rSAP using the rSAP Install app first (using the generic install files) because rSAP complains that the system files are not installed correctly.

Of course, I'd like to see rSAP working smoothly with HTC Desire X and can provide logs if requested.

HTC Desire X, Android 4.0.4, HTC Sense 4.1, rooted
rSAP 2.2, rSAP Install 2.2.4
VW Golf Variant 2012 / VW Premium

/bye

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:13 pm

Please mail me "main" and "radio" logs. Best is to log several connection attempts. Did you already check if airplane mode on/off fixes the reconnect problems?

nirmalts

Post by nirmalts » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:17 pm

Thanks. I guess I have to go for a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini (which was the alternative in my list). This, as I read in the compatibility page, is compatible with the app. Am I right?

Regards.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:02 pm

Yes, works well. And it is a very nice "little" phone. Check viewtopic.php?f=51&t=670 for installation details.

rsap_d

Post by rsap_d » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:40 pm

OK, connected to may car, left the car, switched flight node ON, switched flight mode OFF. HTC Desire X asks for SIM PIN and connects to my provider. Fine. When I go back into the car, HTC Desire X automatically connects to VW Premium, too. Great. But of course, it would be more comfortable if we could live without the flight mode workaround.

After a phone reboot I still see the same symptoms: rSAP Install does not show the uninstall button and rSAP complains about wrongly installed system files. Connection is possible after re-installation of system files. rSAP should be persistent after reboots.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:17 pm

Oh, this looks like the Desire X is write protected similar to the One S (see viewtopic.php?f=46&t=666). It seems like something is written to the system partition, but after a reboot everything is gone.

I could not find any hint if there is a solution for this problem. Perhaps the zip for the One S works? But this is not very likely. I guess I have to create a zip file for recovery installation...

EDIT: which system files did you use?

rsap_d

Post by rsap_d » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:58 am

I'm using the "Generic" installation files.

Looks like the phone "forgets" the install files after some time, too not only after reboot.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:25 am

These are the symptoms of the modified kernel: there are no error messages when writing, but nothing is written in fact. Perhaps it stays in some buffers somewhere, that's why it disappears after some time.

You may try the kernel module for the One S (see here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpos ... count=2111). Perhaps it also works on the Desire X. Download the Easy_InitD_1.1.zip and extract the wp_mod.ko to your phone's SD card. Now open a root shell (e.g. Terminal Emulator enter 'su') end enter 'insmod /mnt/sdcard/wp_mod.ko'. If this doesn't give an error, reboot immediately and do the zip installation in recovery.

Return to “HTC Desire X”