It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:20 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

VW premium (2007) and 3G only network

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the LG Nexus 4

VW premium (2007) and 3G only network

Post by baxter84 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:05 am

Hi, I have a couple of problems trying to use my Nexus 4 with VW phaeton from 2007.

Bluetooth connects, I get the 16 digit pin. But the connection drops out after a minuite or so. Phonebook does not transfer and car says 'phone not available'. All is OK with the kit in the car, as it works with a really old phone I have perfect.

When I use the test function in you rsap program I get an error 'USIM NOT SUPPORTED' but no other errors. I think the problem is that I am on mobile network 3, which supports 3G network only in the UK (I think!)

Does this make sense to you? I have ordered some Sims from other networks to test.... Will update in a few days.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Re: VW premium (2007) and 3G only network

Post by admin » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:17 am

Don't trust my SIM test too much. SIM communication is a quite complicated matter and I did only some very basic stuff which may as well fail for any reason and still the card works fine with the car phone.

You may send me (admin at ...) a "main" or HCI log, maybe I can find the reason for the failed connection.

Re: VW premium (2007) and 3G only network

Post by admin » Mon May 09, 2016 7:30 am

The Nexus 4 SIM access is a bit fragile. Maybe it's possible to fix your problem with a plugin. Can you please mail me a log with the card you finally want to use? It may be a different error...

Return to LG/Google Nexus 4