Does RSAP work on Nexus 4?

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the LG Nexus 4
admin
Site Admin

Re: Does RSAP work on Nexus 4?

Post by admin » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:52 pm

Your HCI log was nearly empty, so it didn't help. Can you please try to create a log with the CatLog app?

rbanaco

Post by rbanaco » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:25 am

I just sent you an email with the logs from today. If you think you still need the catlog please tell me!

Thanks a lot!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:16 pm

You have a combination of two problems:
  • The "leaking resources" bug of the Android 4.2 Bluetooth stack. My app V2.2.1 should show an "error" in the status screen. Switching off/on Bluetooth should fix this temporarily until the resources are used up again.
  • When the socket can be created and the rSAP communication starts, the app/car cannot read the important file from the SIM card containing the IMSI. I don't know why this may happen, I only found out that it happened to me at least once. Did you ever get a successful connection? Do you have some other software installed that may access the SIm card? Did you try a different SIM card if it works?

rbanaco

Post by rbanaco » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:12 pm

admin wrote:You have a combination of two problems:
  • The "leaking resources" bug of the Android 4.2 Bluetooth stack. My app V2.2.1 should show an "error" in the status screen. Switching off/on Bluetooth should fix this temporarily until the resources are used up again.
  • When the socket can be created and the rSAP communication starts, the app/car cannot read the important file from the SIM card containing the IMSI. I don't know why this may happen, I only found out that it happened to me at least once. Did you ever get a successful connection? Do you have some other software installed that may access the SIm card? Did you try a different SIM card if it works?
Hello there! thank you for taking your time to help me.

yes the error (when the red letters appear) your app shows i manage to get it not to show but that was the only error. Apart from that no other error appears. I never managed to get this connected it always crashes. I don't have nothing special installed and nothing that controls the SIM card... I can try to do a full wipe but I doubt that this solves anything =/ Well, the nexus 4 uses a cutted SIM and I don't have any other cutted SIM to try... do you think it's a SIM problem itself? It worked in Galaxy S with your application...

houssam

Post by houssam » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:44 pm

It looks like rbanaco is suffering from the same issue as I. Never connected successfully, same SIM before cutting used to work on Galaxy S but I have VW RCD 310 2009. Now the million dollar question is what do we have in common that is stopping us from connecting successfully. I have tried restore, flash entire phone again, etc etc but nothing helps. I will have to try another SIM to see if that makes any difference.

rbanaco

Post by rbanaco » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:43 am

houssam wrote:It looks like rbanaco is suffering from the same issue as I. Never connected successfully, same SIM before cutting used to work on Galaxy S but I have VW RCD 310 2009. Now the million dollar question is what do we have in common that is stopping us from connecting successfully. I have tried restore, flash entire phone again, etc etc but nothing helps. I will have to try another SIM to see if that makes any difference.
Really? so I'm not alone... what Rom are you using? As soon as you have an input about the diferent SIM card please tell me =D I going to try to find someone that as a micro sim to just to try =/

houssam

Post by houssam » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:51 am

I believe so. My phone says connected to the car for few seconds and then disconnects. Running stock rooted 4.2.

rbanaco

Post by rbanaco » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:53 am

houssam wrote:I believe so. My phone says connected to the car for few seconds and then disconnects. Running stock rooted 4.2.
It's really the same as mine... we both cutted the SIM.. maybe that's the problem.. don't know! I have no problems with any activity with the card... internet, phone calls etc... only this =/

mop36555

Post by mop36555 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:34 am

I had the same problem, my sim was cut and after 1 min of trying to do the pairing the system says the phone was incompatible. Then I change my sim by a new one (a 4G/LTE enabled sim) and then the car recognized this new sim, make the pair sucessfully and is working fine until now. This happened 1 week ago, never had a problem since the sim change.

rbanaco

Post by rbanaco » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:50 am

mop36555 wrote:I had the same problem, my sim was cut and after 1 min of trying to do the pairing the system says the phone was incompatible. Then I change my sim by a new one (a 4G/LTE enabled sim) and then the car recognized this new sim, make the pair sucessfully and is working fine until now. This happened 1 week ago, never had a problem since the sim change.
Really? very strange because it's all running nice with my SIM apart from this... well I think tomorrow I will try to exchange it for a new one and see what happens! thanks for your input!

Return to “LG/Google Nexus 4”