Does RSAP work on Nexus 4?

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the LG Nexus 4
rbanaco

Re: Does RSAP work on Nexus 4?

Post by rbanaco » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:49 pm

Well, I got news...

I changed the SIM card for a new micro SIM, not it connects as premium but... the car doesn't get network... it stays connected but with no network =/ very strange.. any new ideas?

I will send you my new log files for this ok? thank you!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:32 am

I already sent you an email, I just repeat for the other readers: the latest VW Premium must be set to "GSM" mode with the Nexus 4 (and the HTC Ones).

Torajirou

Post by Torajirou » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:04 am

Were bahnstormer's issues finally resolved ?

I have ordered a new A3 with GPS Advanced and Audi Connect, and I still don't know which phone I should buy... The Nexus 4 looks like a good candidate, but I want to be sure it will pair with my car correctly.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:03 pm

Sorry, no. I'm still thinking about what I could do to solve this.

Anyway, this will not affect you. The A3 does not support rSAP in any configuration as far as I know, so any phone with Handsfree profile should do. Don't ask me how Internet access is supposed to work. Second SIM card? Via phone antenna?

Torajirou

Post by Torajirou » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:10 pm

Yes, the new one definitely does.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:13 pm

Does what? Support rSAP? Which option?

Torajirou

Post by Torajirou » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:21 pm

The high-end version of the GPS with Audi Connect in the new A3 does support rSAP.

If I understand correctly, is it fair to say that, at this point, your rSAP implementation for the Nexus 4 is not yet compatible with the latest Audi MMI systems ?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:37 pm

The basic problem is that the Nexus 4 currently only supports GSM mode, which causes problems with the A6 rSAP phone.

You should wait with phone selection until you get the car. In the description of the Audi "connect" option it says only "UMTS module with SIM card reader" but not SIM access. While for the A6 you can order a "Bluetooth car phone online", which supports a SIM card reader and SIM access. The A3 has the new "MIB" line of devices, which are completely different from all other Audis. Did you ever see rSAP in an A3 with your own eyes...?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:45 pm

Sorry, I revert all I said, the A3 does support rSAP.
http://www.audi.de/content/dam/ngw/prod ... ide-de.pdf

They should mention that in the online car configurator. I had bought an A3 if I knew that :lol:

Probably "connect" will have the same problems as the A6, but it is not necessarily so. The A6 rSAP phone is not as forgiving as the VW Premium phone, where data access over UMTS modem works well, although not in UMTS speed. Perhaps the A3 phone is more like the VW Premium?

Torajirou

Post by Torajirou » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:41 pm

All right, thanks ! So, it's like Russian roulette... I won't know until I test it myself, or wait for others to test it for me, right ? ^^

I suppose I maximise my chances of having a working rSAP connection by buying a GS3 ?

Return to “LG/Google Nexus 4”