clandmeter

Re: Does RSAP work on Nexus 4?

Post by clandmeter » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:26 pm

Ok I will mail it to you on Monday.

ferpes

Post by ferpes » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:41 am

Hello,

I have the same problem than clandmeter with a Orange sim card. I changed it for a new micro sim card but i have the same problem.

I have stock original rooted rom and old vw premium bluethoot.

Thanks

stirson

Post by stirson » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:30 pm

Hi,

I have Nexus 4 rooted with Rsap trial version,

when I try to pair with Premium BT I enter the code into the mobile and then it tries to initialize the phone.

After 20-30 seconds, the car BT shows this message: imposible to connect.

Any idea?

donaldd

Post by donaldd » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:32 pm

admin wrote:As far as I understood you have my phonebook app? Perhaps you "accidently" allowed phonebook access after the last pairing? The phonebook transfer via Handsfree profile hangs, so the contacts transferred with IrMC are never shown in the adapter.

The reason for the Handsfree connects may be a bug in Android 4.2. All apps can create a total of about 30 Bluetooth sockets, after that the creation fails. Now Android regularly ends the rSAP service, which causes another socket to be created. The same happens to the phonebook service which makes things worse. If the error happens the rSAP app 2.2.1 should show an error message. It is sufficient to switch off/on Bluetooth to get another 30 sockets. If you switch off PBAP it may run longer.
I'm still having problems to connect to RNS 510 with RSAP after a couple of successful connects. The connection then falls back using handsfree protocol. Simply turning on/off bluetooth doesn't work for me. I also have to restart (enable/disable) RSAP support. After doing so it always works fine for another couple of connects, somtimes two or three. Mostly it again fails the next day. It seems to me that I experience your mentioned socket problem.

My question is, are you still working on this and may I support you in any way? I'm very happy to use your app.

Besides I'm using stock rom and also have installed your PBAP app.

Thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:21 pm

The socket bug is an Android bug. I did not yet try to fix it, because I still hope smarter people are working on it ;)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:22 pm

stirson wrote:After 20-30 seconds, the car BT shows this message: imposible to connect.
Can you please mail me a "main" log?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:38 pm

Your SIM card does not work with the current Nexus 4 version. Other users have the same problem. I already tried to fix it, but after every fix there is a new problem. Currently I don't know what to do. You may try to get a new SIM card but chances are high that the new one also doesn't work.

Rand_AL

Post by Rand_AL » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:30 pm

Hi there,

I have change from Galaxy S2 2.3.6 to nexus 4 4.2.2 and buyed your app. It seems something is not working with my Audi A5 MMI 3G from 2012:

First I can not "see" the rSAP profile when sync the phone for the first time. Even that I can later change to the rSAP profile from the MMI bluetooth menu and rSAP app its showing connection info and seems normal.

After 30s or so noyhinh happens while the car shows "Initializing phone". Finally an error message says "Your phone or SIM is not working properly" but rSAP app keeps the normal status as connected OK.

Admin, can you check the PM with the log please?

EDIT: sent you the logs by email

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:13 pm

Sorry, new Audis don't work properly with my app on a Nexus 4. My app can only provide GSM mode, while the Audi expects full 3G functionality.

dinsx

Post by dinsx » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:31 pm

Hi.
I have a Volkswagen Passat of 2008 year with VW Premium Phone. I also have a Nexus 4 with android stock 4.2.2.
My car didn't discover my phone until I rooted the phone and installed your apps (rSAP Installation and rSAP (Trial)).
After run rSAP installation with success and reboot the phone I follow the next steps:

1. Started BT and then rSAP (Trial).
2. Turned on the engine key, and in MFD menu, went to "Phone settings"-"Search"
3. Nexus 4 BT screen showed "VW UHV PREM" !!!
4. MFD display showed "Nexus 4"
5. Enter VW PREM offered passkey (consisting of 16 digits) into the Nexus 4 BT pass field.
6. MFD said "Connecting ..." and after a long time MFD said "Couldn't connect" or "Impossible to connect" or something like so; In the meantime rSAP trial shows that SIM access is taken over and then, when the message about the connection appeared in the MFD, the SIM turn to normal mode.

I have tried rebooting the phone but always the same message.
I have sent you an email with normal and HCI log.

Could you help me?

Thanks and regards.

Return to “LG/Google Nexus 4”