Does RSAP work on Nexus 4?

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the LG Nexus 4
paul

Re: Does RSAP work on Nexus 4?

Post by paul » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:41 pm

Hi,

what I have is: VW RNS510 from 2010, Nexus 4 with CM 10.1-20130612, Android 4.2.2, Installation App V2.3.
what I don't have: RSAP-Connection

When I try to connect via (Search for Phone -> Nexus 4 found - ok) I have to enter the 12-Digit Code. When done, the Nexus shows me "Verbunden mit VW UHV Premium"in it's statusline, but the car says: "Verbindung nicht möglich".

I have a (now) cutted O2-Simcard, which was in use in my HTC HD2 with a full working RSAP-Connection for a long time. Next I tried a T-Mobile Simcard, but result was exactly the same. Using the cutted O2-Card in my HD2 (with adapter), RSAP still works.

The Installation App has the ability to install a different bluetooth.default.so. What is the step by step procedure when I want to try this, eg when should I Install the new lib and how can I deinstall it? Does the installer provide a method to restore the original lib or do I have to do this myself with a filemanager?

Thank you for some hints, how to proceed

dinsx

Post by dinsx » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:58 pm

dinsx wrote:Hi.
I have a Volkswagen Passat of 2008 year with VW Premium Phone. I also have a Nexus 4 with android stock 4.2.2.
My car didn't discover my phone until I rooted the phone and installed your apps (rSAP Installation and rSAP (Trial)).
After run rSAP installation with success and reboot the phone I follow the next steps:

1. Started BT and then rSAP (Trial).
2. Turned on the engine key, and in MFD menu, went to "Phone settings"-"Search"
3. Nexus 4 BT screen showed "VW UHV PREM" !!!
4. MFD display showed "Nexus 4"
5. Enter VW PREM offered passkey (consisting of 16 digits) into the Nexus 4 BT pass field.
6. MFD said "Connecting ..." and after a long time MFD said "Couldn't connect" or "Impossible to connect" or something like so; In the meantime rSAP trial shows that SIM access is taken over and then, when the message about the connection appeared in the MFD, the SIM turn to normal mode.

I have tried rebooting the phone but always the same message.
I have sent you an email with normal and HCI log.

Could you help me?

Thanks and regards.
Do you have any idea regarding this issue?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:16 pm

Sorry. You seem to have one of the SIM cards that does not work in a Nexus 4.

Return to “LG/Google Nexus 4”