It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:04 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Sony Z3 compact, Marshmallow 6.0.1 update -> no rsap connect

Discussions about running the rSAP app on Sony Xperia phones

Sony Z3 compact, Marshmallow 6.0.1 update -> no rsap connect

Post by Vampyre » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:48 am

Hi,
just upgraded my Sony Z3 compact to Marshmallow 6.0.1. So far so good, the drivers installed correctly as far as the installation app tells, all socket and sim connections are green, but when trying to connect to the car it fails. I already tried unpairing and pairing again, but the car unit never shows the option of connection via SAP (though sdptool shows SIM Access as offered service). I have sent a main log to your e-mail address already.
Best,
Carsten

P.S. It was working flawlessly under 5.1.1 though.

Re: Sony Z3 compact, Marshmallow 6.0.1 update -> no rsap con

Post by admin » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:56 pm

This looks like the Bluetooth "SDP problem": the car does not accept the incomplete SDP record and the Android API does not allow to set the full SDP record. Is there a /system/lib/hw/bluetooth.(CPU type).so file?

Post by Vampyre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:25 pm

Yep, thought so, too, after reading something about this somewhere on the board here. Yes,I have bluetooth.msm8974.so beside bluetooth.default.so residing there.
Best,
Carsten
P.S. In the meantime I experimented some more and figured out that RSAP can run okay on Marshmallow as my girlfriend has the same phone (here I tried it with the trial app which even does not need the TERMINAL PROFILE fix). Out of curiosity I just checked for the bluetooth file-it only has the bluetooth.default.so, maybe that hints in the right direction?

Post by Vampyre » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:22 pm

UPDATE: After crosschecking the two Marshmallow systems I found that in mine there was a libbluetooth.qualcomm.so that redirected to a libz2_bt_patch.so. Don't know where that comes from and just deleted the link. Seems as if this cured the problem as it connected flawlessly after that. Will try again though tomorrow.
So currently no need for you to investigate further ;-).
Best,
Carsten

Post by admin » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:15 pm

Oh, someone else seems to use the same trick that I use to patch the Bluetooth driver :D

Post by Vampyre » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:33 pm

Haha, seems as if, yes. Just to add for completeness: it's from Bluetooth+, a patch for supplying HID and ANT+ profiles to Android as well as a patch to partially mitigate the recently discovered severe vulnerabilities of the bluetooth stack. The latter was the reason I installed it under Lollipop where it worked without problems together with RSAP. Obviously that unfortunately changed with upgrading to Marshmallow.
Best,
Carsten

Return to Sony Xperia