Xperia Z2

Discussions about running the rSAP app on Sony Xperia phones
BigladUK
Xperia Z2

Post by BigladUK » Sun May 18, 2014 11:35 am

As the Z1 is compatible, any word on wether the or not the Z2 is compatible ?

Thanks

Si

BigladUK

Re: Xperia Z2

Post by BigladUK » Tue May 20, 2014 11:22 pm

Anyone?

I've installed the app but Under sim state it says System library not found

Si

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed May 21, 2014 12:40 pm

Did you run the additional installer app?

BigladUK

Post by BigladUK » Wed May 21, 2014 2:17 pm

admin wrote:Did you run the additional installer app?
Hello

Yeap sure did but it said I'm not rooted. Failed mount, unable to install

I'm not rooted but the list of working phones has the z1 as not rooted but working
Thanks

Si

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed May 21, 2014 3:30 pm

BigladUK wrote:I'm not rooted but the list of working phones has the z1 as not rooted but working
Which list?

BigladUK

Post by BigladUK » Wed May 21, 2014 5:11 pm

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 22, 2014 7:32 am

It doesn't say that you don't need root to run my app, it only says the Z1 is compatible with my app. The only phones that do not need root to run my app are still the Samsung Galaxy S II and Note 1.

BigladUK

Post by BigladUK » Thu May 22, 2014 1:14 pm

Jez, you really need to brush up on your customer service skills chap

I've bought your app ( bought it a few years ago ) and have tried to help on this site before ( in the past ) so feel I'm entited to a little friendly support.

I only asked a simple question and to get answers was like pulling teeth and we still don't have an answer

Lets start again shall we

I've just received my None Rooted stock Sony Z2 and wondered if your app worked out of the box with modification with my phone.

I have tried running your installer and was present with the error of mounting which I'd assume is because the app requires to run on a rooted device to perform the install. Without doing anything, just installing the app, it runs but says about missing files and has a red line under sim status ( I think it's sim status but not with my phone at the moment )

The compality list on your website sugguests that the Z1 out of the box running stock rom works and I didn't see a mention of it to have be rooted.

So, given the results I'm seeing, are you saying that without rooting, my phone won't work with this app and even after rooting, you don't know if it will work until it's been tested ?

Thanks

Si

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu May 22, 2014 4:12 pm

BigladUK wrote:Jez, you really need to brush up on your customer service skills chap
Sorry if I sounded rude :oops:
BigladUK wrote:So, given the results I'm seeing, are you saying that without rooting, my phone won't work with this app and even after rooting, you don't know if it will work until it's been tested ?
Yep. I don't have a Z2 and so far I didn't hear of any Z2 user who reported that he successfully runs my app. Since the Z2 is quite similar to the Z1, I'd guess chances are high that it will work, but there's also the possibility that it won't. Sorry that I cannot say more.

I thought it is already common knowledge that my app requires root, at least for the installation of the system files :shock:

BigladUK

Post by BigladUK » Thu May 22, 2014 4:24 pm

No probs ;-)

if or when I get mine rooted I'll let you know for confirmation.

Thanks for your hard work, this is a truely awsome app and give me many years of happy motoring

Si

Return to “Sony Xperia”