The Sony Xperia Z3 is supported by the rSAP app. With Lollipop you have to use at least version 2.5.1 of the installer app.
The Sony Xperia Z3 is compatible with the Phonebook Access Profile (PBAP) of my Bluetooth Phonebook app.
How to root
The Xperia can be rooted the "usual" way by unlocking the bootloader. This leads to the loss of DRM keys and some features, like camera noise reduction. See http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockb ... ot-loader/
There is a root method for locked bootloaders (http://forum.xda-developers.com/crossde ... 2-t3011598) which works on older Z3 firmware. You can downgrade the firmware using flashtool, then root the phone with Giefroot, flash the custom recovery and finally update to the latest firmware version with a zip file.
Since I always try to modify as less as possible on my phones, I did the following steps on my phone. This wipes all data, so be sure to create a backup somehow!
- Create an ftf file of the original ROM using Sony PC Companion and flashtool. See http://www.mashinie.com/trick-to-create ... f-rom.html for a nice description
- Flash 23.0.A.2.93 firmware with flashtool. Be sure to do a full wipe!
- Root with Giefroot (see link above). You may have to do this several times until it succeeds
- Backup TA partition with http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... st41763438
- Install XZDualRecovery from http://forum.xda-developers.com/z3/deve ... a-t3014206 with the *install.bat
- Create a recovery flashable zip file from the ftf file created in the first step with PRFCreator (http://forum.xda-developers.com/crossde ... e-t2859904)
Specify the ftf file, get the latest SuperSU from http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu and be sure to add the flashable zip file of XZDualRecovery. I ticked all Kernel, FOTAKernel, Modem and LTALabel and also chose to sign the zip
- Reboot to recovery and flash the created zip file
When there is an update available, don't install the OTA update, otherwise you'll lose root! Simply repeat the first and the last two steps to create a zip file of the new version and flash it in recovery.