Can't display contact list from connected Sony Xperia Z3 Com

Discussions about running the rSAP app on Sony Xperia phones
petanx
Can't display contact list from connected Sony Xperia Z3 Com

Post by petanx » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:20 pm

I have Skoda Octavia 2008 (withou facelift) + Columbus (RNS 510) navi + Bluetooth handsfree module 1Z0 035 729 B + Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (Android 4.4.4)

Phone can be paired with my car. I can answer incoming calls and call to others.

But I have these problems

1) I can browse the contact list on MaxiDot but can't see it on the Columbus screen (it says "Contact list is not available"), see
http://forum.octaviaclub.cz/index.php?a ... _id=190669

2) I can't see Speed dial buttons on Columbus screen: http://forum.octaviaclub.cz/index.php?a ... _id=190668

I tried your bluetooth PhoneBook but without any result.

PS: If I pair an older phone (HTC Desire S) with the same car unit it works without any problem. This means there is a problem with Sony Xperia Z3 Compact compatibility.

Any ideas? Thank you!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't display contact list from connected Sony Xperia Z3

Post by admin » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:38 am

I don't know what may cause this. If you still have the Desire S it would be interesting to see what happens if you install my phonebook app on it. If it still works with the Desire S and my app please create logs with both phones in my app and/or HCI logs (see http://www.android-rsap.com/41-support/ ... i-log.html - may not work on the Desire S).

Else I can only make the usual suggestions: try to remove and redo the Bluetooth pairing, use my apps group selection to find out if specific contacts cause the problem, ...

petanx

Post by petanx » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:45 am

I tried logging the BT communication via your app, but without any success. I can't see the log file. When I tested the default HCI log feature coming in Android 4.4 as you suggested, I was able to track the communication on my Sony Z3 Compact with Android 4.4.4. Based on the result, it says HFP profile is used.

Is there any way to track HFP profile communication on HTC Desire S (Android 2.6) to compare the log with the Android 4.4.4?
Is there any way to change/modify the HFP profile communication on my Sony Z3 Compact? I guess the problem is the Sony's implementation of this profile.

Any ideas are welcome!
Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:36 pm

HFP cannot be modified with an app because it is too closely tied to the phone subsystem. You may only try CyanogenMod or another AOSP based ROM, they use a different HFP implementation than Sony. But this is a big change, of course.

Return to “Sony Xperia”