VW Bluetooth and Sony Xperia Z3 Android 6.0.1

Discussions about running the rSAP app on Sony Xperia phones
househed
VW Bluetooth and Sony Xperia Z3 Android 6.0.1

Post by househed » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:47 am

Greetings,

I have a Sony Xperia Z3 running Android 6.0.1 and a VW Golf with the 1z0035729b Bluetooth (9w3) and RCD510 installed.

Before the update to 6.0.1, the VW bluetooth could download the contact list from the phone and I could see the contacts on the RCD510.

Since the update to 6.0.1, it wont doesnt download the contacts.

Looking at the Bluetooth HCI log, I can see some errors, but I dont know what they mean.

Is anyone experiencing this issue? I have used the Phonebook App, but its still not working.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

admin
Site Admin

Re: VW Bluetooth and Sony Xperia Z3 Android 6.0.1

Post by admin » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:16 pm

Do you sync your contacts with MyPhoneExplorer or Exchange or other non-Google sync? It looks like Android 6 changed something in the contacts database provider. Sometimes it seems to help when you temporarily switch visibility options in the Contacts app to show "all other" contacts.

househed

Post by househed » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:14 am

admin wrote:Do you sync your contacts with MyPhoneExplorer or Exchange or other non-Google sync? It looks like Android 6 changed something in the contacts database provider. Sometimes it seems to help when you temporarily switch visibility options in the Contacts app to show "all other" contacts.
Thanks for your reply.

All my contacts are across my work account (Exchange) and personal Hotmail account (setup as Exchange).

Both are set to show All contacts, as there is no other option for the Exchange accounts. Google and Local do have All other contacts. I'll play around with the settings.

As a test, I have removed both Exchange accounts, created a test contact under Local and Google, and still not syncing to the car.

If I cant find a workaround, I'll have to go back to Android 5.1, re-sync the contacts, and go back to Android 6.0.1. This worked for me a couple of months.

Also, I have tried your app Bluetooth Phonebook and the status never changes from Ready. Does it not work because of Android 6 or is it because of the car bluetooth?

Thank you.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:32 am

If my app is not accessed your car seems to use a different Bluetooth profile for phonebook transfer, most probably "Handsfree". This is well known to cause all kinds of problems which can only be fixed (or introduced...) by a firmware update.

househed

Post by househed » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:28 am

admin wrote:If my app is not accessed your car seems to use a different Bluetooth profile for phonebook transfer, most probably "Handsfree". This is well known to cause all kinds of problems which can only be fixed (or introduced...) by a firmware update.
I tried what you said earlier and its still not working.

You are right about the car Bluetooth.

I guess I'll have to go back to Android 5.1, pair the car and phone with the address book, then install Android 6.0.1. Just the car address book wont be updating with any new/modified contacts.

Thanks again.

Return to “Sony Xperia”