HTC ONE and Audi A3 MMI 2013

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the HTC One (m7)
danielsanders

HTC ONE and Audi A3 MMI 2013

Post by danielsanders » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:30 pm

Hi,

I have rooted my HTC one, after that I tried a few different setups:

1:I installed the RSAP files from the rSAP_install.ZIP file and installen the (paid) Sim Access Profile app.
I got this option to connect through rSAP (with everything working), but it wouldn reconnect.

2:I uninstalled the rSAP files with rSAP_Uninstall.zip and then resinstalled them with the Playstore app ( rSAP ) Using Generic.
I got this option to connect through rSAP (with everything working), but it wouldn reconnect, the rSAP srevice was grayed out.

3:I uninstalled the rSAP files with the Playstore app ( rSAP ), and reinstalled them, using the same app using HTC specific.
I got this option to connect through rSAP (with everything working), I could even reconnect for about 1 hour. After that the problems mentioned in 2 reapeared.

4:I uninstalled the rSAP files with Playstore app ( rSAP ). Unsinstalled the playstore app and installed the 2.2.2a version form the forum. Installed the rSAP files ( no options were given ). I haven gotten around to testing this yet, but i wanted to see if anyone already knows what iḿ doing wrong. Iĺl get beack with the results later.

danielsanders

Re: HTC ONE and Audi A3 MMI 2013

Post by danielsanders » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:06 pm

Just had a brainwave..... what if the situation where i have a grayed out rSAP (CarPhone option in Audi) is not due to the rSAP option on my phone, but due to the rSAP options on my Audi.

I checked this on my Audi and found that there is a setting called "(de)Activate Care Phone" or in Dutch "Autotelfoon (de)activeren".

After setting this to Active everything is working fine. I'm still a cautious because I've had it working before, but lets hope this was it.

It is still unclear to me how this setting was set to inactive, because iǘe had it working before and I didn't do it amnualy, but that is a question for Audi. As for the rSAP app, works like a charm!!!

danielsanders

Post by danielsanders » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:30 pm

for any one finding this post after running into issues getting rSAP working. Here is what i've done:

Guide for HTC One with Audi Connect on a A3 MMI-Plus system (Will probebly work for other systems as well).
1. Root your deviceYou can find a setp-by-step guide in the following link. Just do what the man in the video says and you'll be fine
http://htconeroot.com/htc-one-root/how- ... smaclinux/

2. Install the rSAP apk fileThis APK places the necesarry files on your phone, it requires root acces to do so. It also requires you to allow installations from other sources on your HTC one. A tutorial for installing APK files can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UOAw124y1s
The actual apk file can be found here:
download/file.php?id=117

3. Open the rSAP app and press the install button.After a correct installation you may remove the app. (keep it aon your phone untill you're sure everything is working)

4. Buy/Download/Install the Sim Access Profile app from the play-storehttps://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rsap&hl=nl

Make sure that the state is presented in White, if it is read you missed a step. Probebly step 2.

5. Open the Sim Access Profile ap, goto options (the three dots in the upper right corner) and set you bluetooth visibility. Select Yes/Continue on the prompt.
Open your Audi MMI system and go to the Phone menu, then goto Settings/Bluetooth/Find Device
Now select you device from the list on your Audi and wait for the services to load.
Select the Car Phone service and follow the instructions on both your Audi and your Phone.

Your phone should be connected now!!

6. Set up a Wifi connectionGoto the Phone menu on you Audi MMI system and select Settings/Connections/Wifi
Set the Wifi connection to active and open thje settings menu. Now connect your phone to the Wifi of you audi using the settings on you MMI screen.

Accept any popups from the Audi system to allow your phone to use the ineternet connection

Trouble shooting:
a. If you don see the Car Phone service in step 5, your rSAP service is not running (correctly). Please redo step 2 to 4
b. If the Car Phone Service in step 5 is grayed out, your Car Phone is not active on your Audi. Please set the CarPhone service active in the Phone menu under Settings
c. If your Phone is connected through rSAP but you can't use Audi Connect you have to allow the Connect service to use your internet connection. Do this in the Phone menu under Settings/Connections

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:44 pm

Thanks for the info! Note that sometimes (stock ROM without any additional tweaks) steps 2 & 3 may not "stick" and you need to install the zip files from viewtopic.php?f=58&t=817 with a custom recovery software.

Gab25

Post by Gab25 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:19 pm

Hi,
sorry but where is the option to "activate car phone" in MMI?
Under Phone setting I can't find anything.

I've installed rsap with the zip file and custom recovery.

thank you!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:30 am

Are you sure you have the "car phone" or "Audi connect" option? Sometimes it's also called "Bluetooth High".

Gab25

Post by Gab25 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:16 pm

Like danielsanders I have an HTC one & an A3 with MMI plus, so it should work.

As said before, I installed rsap with zip because with apk I have strage reeboot during the install.

Now the phone is connected in normal phone mode and i can see phonebook, sms, email but no data connection.

I've now tried also an old Nokia 6267 but che car recognize the phone only for voice and music... :?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:36 pm

If you don't have "Audi connect" you don't have rSAP.

Audi does a bad job selling this option, they only mention the Google maps feature (who needs this?), but not the better receiption quality for normal phone calls. And it's tied to the ridiculously expensive navigation system. So not many Audi buyers choose the "connect" option. And now VW does the same with the new Golf: no "Premium" phone without the crappy 2700€ navigation. I guess they will not sell many "Premiums" with the Golf 7...

Gab25

Post by Gab25 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:12 pm

Mhmhm I supposed that the car phone mode wasn't linked to audi connect...but ok. You're right regarding the bad job selling

Return to “HTC One”