It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:07 pm

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

HTC One + CM11 and Audi A8

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the HTC One (m7)

HTC One + CM11 and Audi A8

Post by beynona » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:00 pm

Please could you point me in the right direction with some problems I am getting with rSAP V2.4.2 and CM11 with HTC One. When I first got the HTC One, rSAP worked perfectly with my Audi A8. I also bought the Phonebook app and this worked fine too. However, with rSAP updates and a failed OTA update, the app broke and would only work with multiple attempts and reboots. It usually said there were missing system files.

So I decided to wipe and do a clean install of CM11. Now, when trying to pair, the car says pairing failed, following PIN entry on phone and the phone connects to the car in Headset mode.

I'm sure there can't be much wrong as this worked fine before. Any ideas gratefully received.

Re: HTC One + CM11 and Audi A8

Post by admin » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:53 pm

Maybe you forgot to run the rSAP installer app?

The problems you describe with the HTC ROM suggest that you did not use the zip file for the installation of the system files. The installer app does not work properly with the stock HTC ROM, but it works fine with (all?) custom ROMs.

Post by beynona » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:54 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I had run the installer app. Everything looks happy with Bluetooth State = Not Connected and SIM State = Normal Phone Operation. What's weird is that normally with the car, it presents the 16 digit PIN for rSAP connections and the 4 digit PIN for headset mode.

Now, the car presents the 16 digit PIN as normal. The phone prompts for PIN entry and after I've keyed the PIN, the car says cannot establish connection, but then connects the phone in headset mode without further PIN exchange. I have been careful to delete all previous pairings on both devices.

I have been using the rSAP app for months, and I have had no previous problems with connections to the car. Once the phone connects, it is rock solid. The problems were all phone related with the install not taking permanently, so this looks like something new with CM11?

Post by admin » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:50 pm

I'm a bit puzzled how often you seem enter the Bluetooth PIN. This should be only necessary once, unless you remove the pairing from either device. It is normal behavior that the car asks for the SIM PIN in rSAP mode, but not in Handsfree mode.

When the rSAP connection aborts or falls back to Handsfree after a shirt time it is usually caused by problems with the SIM card. But it worked before with the HTC ROM, or did you change it? Can you please mail a "main" log to admin at...?

Post by beynona » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:17 pm

Hi,
Yes, the car only asks for a PIN after I have deleted existing pairings. What is odd is the failing back to handsfree mode as I have not experienced this behaviour before. Normally if the 16 digit PIN exchange fails, nothing further happens.

No other elements have changed since this worked with the stock ROM - same phone, same car, same SIM. The only difference is wipe and load of CM11. This is the m7 build as the phone would not accept the m7ul - the script aborted with a model mismatch. This was a bit annoying as there are only current nightlies available for the m7 ie no stable builds.

I will start off with a clean condition and send over a Main log.

Many thanks.

Post by beynona » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:18 pm

While I was taking the Main log, I noticed that the PIN prompt screen on the phone came up before accepting the 16 digit PIN suggestion on the car. It is almost like the phone is trying to negotiate headset mode straight away?

Normally, the steps are:

1. Make the phone discoverable from the rSAP app.
2. On the car, choose search for phones.
3. On the car, it finds the phone and prompts you to choose it.
4. The car generates a 16 digit PIN and gives you the choice to accept it or make up your own. Normally accept the generated one.
5. The phone prompts for the PIN entry.
6. Key the PIN in the phone.
7. The car confirms connection and the SIM icon appears at the bottom of the car display.

What happens now is:
Steps 1,2,3,5,4,6

The car then says "Could not establish connection" and returns to Step 3.
If you select the phone, the car says Connection Established and connects in headset mode. No PINs are exchanged.

Post by admin » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:01 pm

As I already sent by mail, I could not find much in the log, in fact it was more or less empty. Recently I heard from other people that they have Bluetooth problems with CM11, but the same configuration works for me, so I don't understand what's happening. There is only one strange output: The "socket creator" is null, which is nearly impossible. Does the app show an error condition?

Perhaps I explain how the pairing process usually works, at least for the VW "Premium" device, it looks like the Audi behaves the same.

First the car queries the phone's available profiles. This may happen as soon as Bluetooth is switched on in the phone. When the car detects the SIM Access Profile it chooses the higher security pairing option with a 16 digit PIN entry (or 6 digit PIN confirmation with newer devices). If the car offers a 4 digit PIN, it did not recognize the SIM Access Profile, which means my app is not properly started. Your car does not ask for a 4 digit PIN for the Handsfree connection, I guess it still has the 16 digit PIN from the initial request.

After you enter the 16 digit PIN the car starts talking to the phone using rSAP. If something unexpected happens inside this communication the car may abort the rSAP connection and fall back to using the Handsfree profile. If this happens the Bluetooth part of my app is usually working fine, but the SIM card is causing trouble. Problems of this kind should be visible in the "main" log, which was empty in your case.

The PIN dialog on the phone at the start of the rSAP communication should not have any effect on the connection, it happens to me every now and then and is probably caused by a racing condition. At least it shows that an rSAP connection is requested by the car.

Can you please create a "HCI" log, either with my logger app or from inside the Android developer options?

Return to HTC One