It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:36 am

rSAP for Android Forum

Support forum for Android rSAP App

Internet sharing via VW 3c8035730D over Wi-Fi

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the HTC One (m7)

Internet sharing via VW 3c8035730D over Wi-Fi

Post by chiverel » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:15 pm

Hello all,

Has anybody succeeded to setup WLAN with Internet access between HTC One and the latest VW module (3c8 035 730 D)? The idea is to connect phone as a modem and then share Internet over car's built-in Wi-Fi access point.
I'm not able to setup modem so far, I receive error message on screen: data connection is not possible. Apart from that, rSAP and phone-book works just perfect.

I was also able to establish some networking with older module 3c8 035 730 A over BlueVPN. But, I was able to use only browser (no games, Skype, e-mail). Beside that, I don't like the idea to start additional application manually when I enter my car. Is there a solution available?

Thanks

Re: Internet sharing via VW 3c8035730D over Wi-Fi

Post by admin » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:38 pm

It works for me without problems. You don't have to setup a modem or whatever, simply enable the WiFi hotspot in the instrument cluster display, display the WiFi password and connect the phone to the WiFi hotspot with this password.

See at the end of the page how to tell the phone that this WiFi connection is a mobile hotspot to save bandwidth: http://www.android-rsap.com/faq/107.html

Post by chiverel » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:56 pm

Thank you for the fast reply.

Been there, done that. Wi-Fi is connected successfully, but my phone reports that there's no connection to Internet, data counters remain at 0. Data icon is not shown on the cluster too. So I assume I have some problems with APN adress that was taken from the phone's settings.

I'll try with another SIM (different provider). Maybe it would be easier to achieve the result and get better understanding what am I doing wrong.

Post by chiverel » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:42 pm

Ok, problem has gone.

I needed to enter APN with the CAPITAL letters. And despite empty username/password, I've added 1 letter to the username. Internet sharing works fine now. :idea:

Return to HTC One