HTC One (M8)

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the HTC One (m7)
John_Matrix

Re: HTC One (M8)

Post by John_Matrix » Sun May 04, 2014 7:55 pm

Thanks a lot for this confirmation! ;)
When the official RUU will be available, I will root my M8 and try with my VW car kit and will report the status here.

y@nn

Post by y@nn » Sun May 04, 2014 8:47 pm

@John
....what I have to say, with porsche, you can send and write what you want...however with audi, you are just able to send sms "pre-formated", Im mean, like " I call you later" or "Im driving, will call you later" etc....I got about 10 different choices, but I wasnt able, perhaps I should look more, but, for now I wasnt able to write my own text...the problem doesnt come from rsap but from the car system, because with the porsche I can write what I want...
Also you can use RSAP for online services, like internet, online destination...I really like the fact that you can google at home a destination, say send it to the car, put you account email in the system and then go into your car, start the engine and look at "the online destination"...then go to...thats a very nice feature, you dont need to write or look at the address...also you can have all the traffic, weather etc...information from the internet...very nice!
Also you can have street view, earth view etc...all from the internet, but for that you need flat rate...of course :-)

So I m very pleased thats its working with the M8!!!

cheers all

Y

y@nn

Post by y@nn » Sun May 04, 2014 8:50 pm

one another point...of course there is a little risk installing a different RUU than the official...but the only thing for me to notice is, that you dont have all the ballshit apps from htc....thats actually a good thing...so for me no question about waiting...there is no need to...Im just happy like this :-)

Torajirou

Post by Torajirou » Thu May 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Flawless installation and trial, I'm buying the real thing right away ! :)

Device : HTC One M8 (International)
Car : Audi A3 8V

Thanks a lot for this wonderful app ! :)

Lamensis

Post by Lamensis » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:38 pm

So, i finally got my M8 now for a couple of weeks.
I tried the firewater s-off method,like we talked about in this Thread already, BUT for temproot i need the WeakSauce app to work, but as soon as i press "I Agree" , the App Force Closes.
Anyone used the firewater method and has a hint for me? :)

Edit: nvm,found it in the weaksauce thread. this method is ONLY for Verizon, you re lucky if it works for any other american model, but international wont work in any case...
Last edited by Lamensis on Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John_Matrix

Post by John_Matrix » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:06 pm

You have to use HTC-DEV to unlock Bootloader.
Weaksauce is only for Verizon HTC M8 ;-)

I've root my M8 finally.
Android rSAP is working flawlessly!!
Even the SMS functionnality ;-)

John_Matrix

Post by John_Matrix » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi all!

HTC has released an update for the HTC One M8 and it provide "Mirror Link" functionnality.
And surprisingly, rSAP is now natively supported!

The only different thing with the Android rSAP application is when the car kit release the SIM card, the smartphone ask for the PIN code.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:46 pm

This sounds like the default Qualcomm 'sapd' implementation. Many phones have that included, some even activated 8-)
Strange that they don't fix the PIN issue. And also strange that HTC enables it.

John_Matrix

Post by John_Matrix » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:03 pm

Ok, they have done the things not entirely :-D

It's strange because Bluetooth streaming audio is not available anymore on my car kit.
Maybe it is too old or HTC needs to improve the Mirrorlink feature?

I think users with more recent car kits need to tell us how the situation is.

sorenkris

Post by sorenkris » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:38 am

I have tried 4.4.3 on my M8 together with my MB SAP v3 car kit. And it doesn't work :(
The car kit discovers the phone and shows a pin code, but a pin prompt never shows up on the phone.
Unfortunately the behavior is the same with rSAP installed, so I stay on 4.4.2

Kind regards
Soren

Return to “HTC One”