HTC One (M8)

Discussions about running the rSAP app on the HTC One (m7)
sandreuta

Re: HTC One (M8)

Post by sandreuta » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:48 pm

John_Matrix wrote:Hi all!

HTC has released an update for the HTC One M8 and it provide "Mirror Link" functionnality.
And surprisingly, rSAP is now natively supported!

The only different thing with the Android rSAP application is when the car kit release the SIM card, the smartphone ask for the PIN code.
Hello,
Can you please tell me which software version you have on your phone?
I just ordered the HTC One M8 and from what I understand the android rsap application doesn't work on 4.4.3. Is that true?

Lamensis

Post by Lamensis » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:53 pm

I can confirm its working, the Firmware for Germany is 2.22.161.6 . I've seen a post on xda where the Firmware was 2.22.405.1,also with working rsap.

Enjoy :D

Edit: as a note: it works not as good as the app, you have to enter your pin every time after you get off of the car. And today I even had to force the pin question (by turning flight mode on and off).

But still a nice step from HTC,since I didn't dare to root my m8 so far.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:34 pm

It's nice to see that HTC officially supports rSAP again :D
I hope this didn't happen accidently and will still be there after the next update!

sandreuta

Post by sandreuta » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:15 am

Just updated my HTC One M8x (Taiwan version) yesterday to 2.22.709.4 and yes, the rsap works ok, but I cannot copy contacts from phone memory to my car.
And there's no PIN request at the end of connection because I disabled PIN.
I think that HTC enabled rsap by mistake and won't be supported in future updates, and we'll need to root our devices and void warranty in order to make android rsapp app work.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:25 pm

Contacts are not handled by rSAP - except SIM contacts. You may test if my phonebook app helps (trial available), although it's strange that the phonebook stops working properly after a minor system update.

Lamensis

Post by Lamensis » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:18 pm

The phonebook really added strange things on first try. i copied all relevant contacts to SIM and set the car to "copy only from SIM", then it was just fine ;)

sandreuta

Post by sandreuta » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:38 am

Another strange behaviour is that the phone doesn't always automatically connect to my car when I put ignition on. I think it has something to do with the power saver mode on. And I saw that the phone takes a while to connect. With Samsung's native rsap it was way faster.

sandreuta

Post by sandreuta » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:52 am

admin wrote:Contacts are not handled by rSAP - except SIM contacts. You may test if my phonebook app helps (trial available), although it's strange that the phonebook stops working properly after a minor system update.
Worked like a charm with your phonebook app.

MattMax

Post by MattMax » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:56 am

Is there a way to disable the native RSAP functionality in the HTC One M8?
I prefer to use the Android RSAP app since that means I don't have to enter the SIM pin code after leaving the car (and I don't want to disable the SIM pin).
Normally the Android RSAP will connect automatically to the carkit, but sometimes the native RSAP functionality will connect to the carkit first (highlighted with a "Remote Sim Access" icon in the status bar). I'd like to disable the native functionality and always use the Android RSAP app.
Ideas very welcome.

Torajirou

Post by Torajirou » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:59 am

MattMax wrote:Is there a way to disable the native RSAP functionality in the HTC One M8?
I prefer to use the Android RSAP app since that means I don't have to enter the SIM pin code after leaving the car (and I don't want to disable the SIM pin).
Normally the Android RSAP will connect automatically to the carkit, but sometimes the native RSAP functionality will connect to the carkit first (highlighted with a "Remote Sim Access" icon in the status bar). I'd like to disable the native functionality and always use the Android RSAP app.
Ideas very welcome.
Settings > Bluetooth > ... > Advanced > Access SIM card (uncheck the box)

Return to “HTC One”